Maybe

I was pretty good at blending in.

I was a plain looking, slightly chubby girl with hazel eyes and two dimples- one on each cheek.

My hair unfortunately was straight, brown and boring.

I got teased a lot at school for how I looked.

I didn't put too much effort on my clothes generally and never wore make up.

It was only because I didn't have a mother- someone to go shopping with and do my hair and make up for me.

Maybe if I had a mother things would be ok.

Maybe I'ld be skinnier, prettier and even cooler.

I was being stupid.

Knowing me, even with a good mother, I would some how find a way to mess everything up.

Like I always did.

Why couldn't God have spent some extra time on me?

Didn't I deserve some love once in a while?

I had no friends.

No siblings.

No mother.

I had nothing and no one.

I had my dad, but he didn't really talk to me much.

He's always working, and when he's actually home he just goes straight to sleep.

I guess it could be worse, I try to tell myself.

Life was tough sometimes, but maybe I'ld be like one of those great rich people- the ones that started out with nothing and ended up creating or doing something legendary.

I hoped that was how my life would end up...but I had a feeling that it wasn't.

Maybe I was destained for failure.

Or maybe, I could prove all the bullies wrong.

I had no idea where that thought came from but I liked it.

I actually liked it.

What if I found something that I was really good at?

What if I could put all of my energy into that?

Then another thought occured to me and I definately don't know where this one came from.

The Lord only gives you what you can take...and clearly I could take a lot.

You know what?-

Sure my life was hard at times, but- that didn't mean that God didn't love me.

Maybe he was planning something special for me.

Maybe God just wanted me to be stronger...and braver!

Maybe I needed to stop thinking of all the negative things in my life as a curse.

Maybe it was a blessing.

Maybe- just maybe, I could get through this.

For the first time in a really long time, I felt hopeful.

Maybe in order to change the future, I had to do something now.

I was meant for greatness.

I was sure of it now.

Hope you guys not only liked it, but were inspired by it or whatever :)

Lesson of the story- Don't ever give up, your weakest moment could quickly turn into your strongest moment, if you only allow it too.

So...I really liked this little story :)

I really hope that there's someone who read it and felt like it helped them in some way,

-Bye!

-J (Happy vonnie :P)