Chapter 9 - Black Tie and Chocolate Fudge

Finally updated!!!! i know it's been forever and for that i'm sorry :( if you're still reading this though thank you for not giving up on it! 

Vote, comment, fan and read away....                                                  

Sky’s POV

The cold wind of the whistler sky nipped at my skin and played havoc with my hair, as I walked down an unknown street with Evie. It was New Year’s Eve and I for one couldn’t wait to see in the New Year. This last year had nearly broken me. It had torn at my heartstrings more than I thought was physically possible. It started off with seeing both my parents attacked by wolves, leading me to believe both where dead. I was then shipped across the Atlantic to live with my grandmother I barely knew. My mind then drifted back to high school. How my life had changed once Klaus saved me from his Beta. How I’d fallen in love with the one person I wanted so greatly to hate. Or then how he was brutally ripped away from me once my ex-pack found me, and took me back to England to be re-united with the man who killed my mum. In conclusion it had been a long year and one I was quite happy to see the back of. Now all I wanted to do was think about the future and with Klaus by my side I knew it could only get better.

“How about we look in there?” Evie motioned towards a shop which looked fairly up-market, and by that I mean fairly expensive.

“I’m not sure.” I mused. Klaus and Wesley had both given us their cards and we were told to buy a dress to where for this evening.

“Oh come on! Please those dresses look beautiful!” Evie exclaimed, her eyes beaming with excitement as she stared into the shops window.

“I guess we can look.” I sighed, knowing full well that I wasn’t going to even think about taking advantage of Klaus’s generous offer of lending me his card. The guys had told us barely anything about what was happening tonight, the only thing we knew was that it was a black tie event and we needed to be suitably dressed.

As expected inside the shop was posh, a woman with her dark brown hair pulled back into a professional looking bun, stood staring at us in an accusatory manor once we entered.

“Hello girls, what are you looking for today?” She asked, pulling a clearly fake smile as she approached us.

“We’re looking for dresses to wear tonight.” Evie answered, either having not noticed her accusatory eyes or choosing to ignore them, I wasn’t sure.

“Oh right, well we have a large amount of high priced designer dresses here. What’s your price range?” She answered her eyes narrowing slightly at the ‘high priced’ comment. It was clear that she thought we were wasting her time.

“Oh there isn’t one.” Evie answered back politely however her eyes sparked slightly, which told me in reality she really wanted to say something along the lines of ‘take that bitch’

In response the dark haired woman looked taken aback. “Very well then, what sort of dresses are you looking for today?” Her professionalism was reclaimed as she began leading us towards the racks of dresses.

I’m not going to lie, we spent longer in the shop than I first wanted too. About an hour later I was stood appraising Evie’s dress. It was strapless number, champagne in colour and blinged out to the max from the sweet heart neck line to just below her butt, where plain tulle fabric then cascaded down to her feet. It was beautiful, and made her look like she was ready to walk down the red carpet.

(Dresses are in the picture in the side bar :)

“That really suits you.” She said to me, as she – like I, stood appraising my dress. Unlike her I’d decided to go for a relatively plain navy blue dress, with a small amount of bling lining the sweet heart neckline, and then flowey chiffon material which hugged me in all the right places down to the floor.