Epilogue

*Ajay Mehra Pov*

I walked inside the house slowly to give her a surprise visit after returning from Ahmadabad earlier than what I told her.

I held the best sweet in Kolkata safely in my hand and walked inside with faint steps not making any sound. This became her favorite from the time we have been living here taking care of the branch in this city.

"Jiya!" I called her not finding her anywhere.

I placed the sweets on the table properly not to let the sweet juice in them come outside and started searching for her.

I opened the door of our bedroom and saw it empty. I searched everywhere and rubbed my forehead.

Where did she go? She took one-week leave from office already right because of the bug when I was in Ahmadabad.

"Jiya." I shouted again and then, I heard the faint sobs.

I rushed inside our room and then heard from the washroom. I walked inside to see her on the floor crying, hiding her face between the knees.

"Jiya! Darling, what happened?" I asked making her look up, and I saw her eye's red.

She cried more hugging me, and I rubbed her back. She hiccupped and faintly said, "I went to the doctor and found out that I am pregnant today morning."

"That's... that's a great news, Jiya. Why are you... are you both fine?" I asked removing her from my hold.

"Yeah! Baby is fine." she replied, nodding brushing away her tears.

"Then why are you crying?" I asked her frowning.

"I am terrified, Ajay." She replied, making my heart broke for her.

"Shh... nothing will happen to you." I said, getting up and lifted her into my arms.

I made her lay on the bed and joined her. I placed my hand on her still flat stomach and said, "I will be there, Jiya. Don't think like that."

"You will never leave me right?" She asked looking at me.

"How can I leave my heartbeat?" I asked her back, and she hugged me tightly.

After a few weeks when she was emotionally strong I informed our families about the news, and everyone came to congratulate us.

Even Raj and Malathi who are now husband and wife came along with Lily and her fiancé.

"I am going to be Godfather soon." Raj jumped, and we all laughed.

Her relation with her mom became quite good and her mom immediately started saying what to do and what not to do along with my Mom.

"So will it be a girl or boy?" Lily asked.

"You tell us." I replied smiling.

"I still can't believe that I didn't know about you both when everything was in front of me. When you guys gave the news to the media on your honeymoon six months back we all were shocked." She said like every time we meet.

"Forget about it, Lily. Now has some food." Jiya said, and we all had a great dinner.

"I will be here to take care of you." Aunty suggested.

"No, Mom! After a few weeks, I am actually walking this freely finally, and I couldn't, until now, because of your son-in-law. I don't want another person behind my back." Jiya said shaking her head.

"Such a sweet husband, you have become Ajay. Thank god you didn't get your father's genes in you regarding that matter." Mom said and Dad immediately said, "Hey!"