Chapter 40

*Ajay Mehra Pov*

"I need to tell you something." Jiya said when I lay on our bed.

"What is it?" I asked her frowning.

"I am dating someone." She replied, and I looked at her wide eyed.

I took a deep breath and asked, "From when?"

"From two weeks." She replied.

"But you are still my wife right? Why are you dating already and whom are you dating?" I asked her not at all believing it, but it was hurting.

"We are just talking to each other for now, but will go on a real date soon. I know I am still your wife, but you said you will give me whatever I want right?" She asked staring at me in blank expression.

"Right! But there are still two more weeks for the time to end. So please don't do this." I said pulling her in my arms.

"Why?" she asked, hugging me back.

"Just wait until these two weeks." I replied.

"Ok! I will not meet him until these days." She said nodding, and I continued to hug her not leaving her at all.

I thought we were fine when we had that movie marathon two weeks back, but looks like she was disturbed that day for the decision.

She has been dating for two weeks? And I don't even know about it. I am so stupid.

From the next-day onwards, I didn't let her stay away from me at all. I didn't let her talk to anyone on the phone always keeping her busy.

"So what do you want to do today?" she asked typing on her phone after one week.

"We both will hide our phones and not touch them for two days." I replied, and she nodded after a few minutes.

We roamed all around Ahmadabad and then spent time home completely in silence. We didn't leave a single thing from doing.

"We are getting late. Where is my phone?" she asked and I gave her phone when I also got ready.

"Thank god!" she said and immediately started typing.

The next week I tried to flirt with others so that she will get jealous, but she didn't even glance at me.

"What happened to you, Mr.Mehra?" Lily asked when I tried to flirt with her.

"Nothing! I am sorry about my behavior." I replied walking away.

Jiya, Jiya! You are killing me. Do you know that? I reckoned frowning and walked outside the cabin in the evening to see her talking on the phone laughing.

"Ok! We will meet tomorrow night." she said hanging up.

"Where are you going tomorrow?" I asked her finally not able to stop it when we both lay on the bed.

"My date." She replied, closing her eyes.

"But... I asked you to." I trailed off not knowing what to say.

"I know! And tomorrow is the last day Ajay so it will not matter. By the way, select a dress for me tomorrow." She said, still with closed eyes.

"I am busy." I mumbled.

"What? But tomorrow is Saturday and there is no office." she said opening her eyes frowning.

"Who is the guy?" I asked her frowning.

"Surprise! But you will meet him tomorrow." She replied, smiling and drifted off into sleep.

The next day I saw her running around the house sitting on the bed. She wants to finish all the work so that she can get ready properly.