Chapter 10 - Strangers With Memories

'' Oh my god, stop moving for god's sake. ''

'' Easy to say for you, bad boy. You're not the one stuck with this thing on your head. '' I hissed '' Which by the way, isn't exactly weightless. ''

'' Oh, I'm sorry princess, next time I won't give you a helmet because you know, it's not like it could save your life or anything. ''

Yep, it's been like this for 10 minutes. The bonding soon became a sarcasm battle between Leather Jacket boy and I. He's been squirting water on the helmet with no result for a while now.

I don't really know how to explain that to you and I'd rather not, to be honest. This is embarassing enough as it is.

'' We might have to go to the hospital, Winter. ''

'' What? Why? '' I exclaimed, horrified by the thought of entering the emergency room with a helmet stuck on my head.

'' I mean, we can't get it off. You can't exactly keep it on your head forever, can you? '' He chuckled.

I found myself laughing at that. Yeah, laughing. I guess at this point, I'd rather laugh than cry.

'' They could make a documentary about me. '' I affirmed, laughing.

Haze laughed as well before he said, using a movie narrator voice.

'' Helmet girl. When Winter was 17 years old, her head got stuck in a motorcycle helmet after she drove around town with the hottest boy ever. People were never able to get it off. She's been living with no makeup and hasn't brushed her teeth ever since. ''

I laughed even more.

'' What kind of stupid helmet is that anyway? I thought they had like a little glass to lift so you could drink and stuff. ''

I don't speak motorcycle, obviously.

'' Not all of them do, love. ''

He kept on trying for a while and then... Something happened.

'' Winter? ''

I jumped and turned around to see Kassidy through the tinted glass. Oh my crap...

I had forgotten about Kassidy's existence.

'' Hey Kass. ''

She was staring at Haze with huge eyes.

'' This is not what it looks like. '' I babbled, feeling like I had been caught doing a crime.

Haze cracked up.

'' And tell me what exactly does this look like? '' He said, amused.

He was right. This situation looked incredibly stupid. Haze had soap and water all over his hands and here I was with a helmet stuck on my head.

'' I.. '' She opened her mouth. '' You know what? I don't even want to know. '' She rolled her eyes and left.

The second the door closed, Haze and I shared an awkward look and we both started laughing.

'' It's kind of funny that she looked at me more than you. '' He knocked on the helmet a little.

Was Kassidy going to tell Kendrick about Haze and I?

'' Don't worry. What could she possibly tell people? '' He said like he was reading my mind.

'' Huh.. Let me see. A lot of things. ''

'' It's not like people are going to believe her, love. '' He smirked.

We went back to trying to free my poor head and after a while, a miracle happened. The damn thing finally cooperated and Haze managed to get it off.