Chapter 2: Here's The Deal

"It doesn't matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go." - Bob Proctor

Please VOTE.

COMMENT..

FOLLOW and SHARE....

EDITED BY: BiancaDanielleS (Thank you so much.. She's my editor for AMDSD..)

*******************************

Marco Angelo Massaretti's POV

             MARCO looked at the phone as it beeps. He lifted it up and waited for his secretary to speak.

"Mr. Castello is here to see you," she said using a professional tone, with a tinge of fear.

"Send him in," I replied coldly in my signature controlled steel tone and placed the phone back on its receiver without waiting for her response. I checked the time, it's just seven in the morning.

The door opened and Mr. Castello walked in with a tight smile pasted on his face.

"Sit," I motioned my hand to the armchairs on the other side of my desk.

I leaned forward on my desk with my elbows propped on my rectangular black table. "What do you have?" I asked, my impatience is obvious in my tone.

He placed the brown envelope on my table before he spoke.

"Georgina Ricci is teaching preschool at the New York Montessori. Her mom died when she was nineteen, the reason Alonzo became an alcoholic, threw himself into gambling, and whoring around was

because he couldn't bear losing his wife." I was listening intently until his last words took my interest. "Georgina was dating a certain guy, who also works at the Montessori, but they broke up last night. She-"

"That's all Castello. That's all the information I needed!" I cut him off in a dismissive tone. After hearing she broke up with the blonde guy from her facebook picture, I felt completely happy and I really couldn't find a reason why. Castello looks at me bewildered, but he knew better than to open his mouth. So he just shrugged it off.

"Have a good day Mr. Massaretti." He stood up and headed for the door.

As soon as he's out, I call Francesca, my secretary.

"Cancel all my appointments for today, I'll be out for the rest of it," I said briefly and hung up the phone.

I grabbed my phone and coat that was hanging on the back of my chair and made my way out as I put on my coat. Francesca stood up and nodded to acknowledge me as I was buttoning the last button of my coat, ignoring her as I passed by. She's used to it. I walked straight to the elevator and pressed the button. The elevator door slides open and I walk in with buoyancy.

Last night I didn't sleep much thinking about how to make Georgina Ricci agree with my proposal.

As her face flashed in my mind, I couldn't stop it, but a ghost of a smile worked its way onto my face. Just the thought of her agreeing to my proposition made me feel exuberant. The elevator stops and the door slides open. I saw two ladies that was about to walk in, but when they saw me, they stepped back and apologized.

I just raised my eyebrows in a controlled way giving them my coldest stare, but they avoided meeting my eyes. The doors closed again and I waited for it to continue moving down.

I am like a plague in my office that my employees fear. I hate knowing it, but I know it's the best way to treat them to work well and not wasting my money paying them better than any other companies. I needed efficient employees.