Ads

I've got more than a couple deals with ads. They are far from redemption. You know why? It's cause they're everywhere. That's right, I'm talking the Internet, TV, YouTube, games, whatever! Let me explain my dislike for these things on each of the four places I just spoke about.

A. The Internet

So I'm reading a very interesting article on eHow about 'how to read palms' or I'm trying to research dichotomous keys for a school project, when suddenly, I see something that takes over the whole page that says 'How To Reduce Belly Fat'.
I'm skinny AF.

This once, I was watching a video on DailyMotion when I saw an ad for 'Chinese Singles who are eagerly awaiting a loved one like you'.
I'm a girl for Goodness Sakes'! And I'm not lesbian, thank you very much (TYVM)!

The appeal isn't just about how useless these ads are to me, it's also that they're disturbing me while I watch or do stuff online. Like, STAHP!!!!

B. YouTube

I love YouTube, right now. I watch IISuperwomanII, NigaHiga, MyLifeAsEva, and other TV shows. That's just me.

When Superwoman has a new 'Types of People' video, I want to watch it right now. I don't want to wait for anyone, anything, anytime. But when an ad for Boom Beach or Life Hacks For Kids comes on, I can't help but want to incinerate my device. Which is bad for my iPad and the people who paid for it.

Or maybe I have a playlist of music I like that's only on YouTube. I want to play it without having any interruptions. But somehow, YouTube believes that just because I like Ariana Grande's 'One Last Time' video, I'm going to like Nikki Minaj's 'Anaconda video or Beyoncé's 'Partition' song, both which I do not have a particular liking for.

Why do I get these ads? Vevo.

C. TV

These are the worst, I swear. In fact, there's so many of them that I need to put sub-categories.

1. Health ads
So I'm watching MasterChef or some kind of reality TV show, when I come to the ads. I don't like ads, so I flip to another channel, where I see an ad that kinda catches my attention. It's an ad for acne removal cream. I have a bit of acne, so I watch on.

It's just to remove those small bumps on your skin, right? So why does it say I could die because of that stuff? I swear, if I want to remove acne, I can just wait for it to go, live with it, or use a steam technique. Why would I - no, scratch that, why would anyone in their right mind try that stuff and risk getting Cancer and/or a half-stroke? You know what? In order to prevent anyone out there from using those dumb medicines, I'm putting an image on this complaint session with how to get rid of acne. Cause everyone should know.

And you know what the cherry on the cake is? Ag the end they just say, "Talk to your doctor to see if - insert medicine name - is right for you." Bruh. Why you wasting my time if you're gonna just tell me to ask my doctor. If I need acne removed, I'll talk to my doctor and she'll prescribe that pill. Don't interrupt my TV with that ish though!

2. Annoying Ads/WTF Ads
You know those ads that are really eye-catching, like there's a cute little kitten or puppy sitting in a bathtub? And then there's a man who walks in and eats Doritos. A Dorito will fall into the bathtub and the puppy/kitten will sniff it and eat it, and suddenly - BOOM - it becomes a knight and slays an evil dragon. It's an ad for pet food. Like, What The Fudge just happened? (WTF)

I find these ads super annoying. Check out the one that I've put on this. I'm not gonna tell you what it is, but you guess for yourself. Prep to be surprised!

3. Infomercials
The commercials with the teddy bears and the jingles and the produce and stuff. I'll list out my problems with them here.
• If the product is only $5.99, why should I pay '$17.99 shipping & handling'?
• If we should actually buy this product, why do you make the phone number we need to call barely five seconds long?
• Why are your jingles so f-ing catchy??!!
• I get the point that your product is good, now stop showing me the ad 1,000,000,000,000 x 1,000,000,000,000 times during every single freaking ad break.
• The 'before you use our product' parts are obviously faked, made to look clumsy, bad, and awful.

Must I say more?

D. Games

So I am playing a Ketchapp game, you know, one of those games that when you start, you have to be super careful or you'll die and lose. There's no pause button. Or maybe it's Subway Surfers (yes, I still like that game, it's fun) or Temple Run (see parentheses after Subway Surfers) that I'm playing. I've just started the game and I start tapping or doing whatever I need to when suddenly, I can't see my game.

Why? There's a huge ad for either
A- Boom Beach
B- that other game with the woman who is half-naked
C- some Ketchapp game

So thanks to these wonderful things, I can't see my game and I lose. Possible high score gone.

To wrap things up, ads suck and I want to punch them in the face. GTFO, dumb ads.