012

C H L O E

I woke up that morning after the date feeling amazing. The feeling of Nate's soft lips still lingered on mine. I smiled to myself, but quickly wiped it off when I heard the door opened. All instincts pointed to my mom entering the room but it wasn't. It was Eunji. She held a small straw woven basket. She sat on my bed, "How was the date? Was he nice? How'd he look? Tall and cute? Short and cute? Did you guys talk well? Did he hold doors open for you? God please tell me he laid his jacket on a puddle for you to walk on—" I laughed at her motherly concern. I nodded and covered my face continuing to laugh.

"Nate was a total babe," Eunji squealed as I talked, "He was super sweet and he's super smart, and charming. I really enjoyed spending with him." Eunji was swooning at my words, I could hear harps as she freaked out. "You totally deserve this break after Sk...yler.." She awkwardly finished, quickly realizing that my wound from that event was still fresh. My chest felt heavy at the thought of Skyler. "I mean, I feel a little guilty. I feel sick that I had move on from Skyler so quick like that. How's Sky doing?" Eunji looked down. I have a feeling her repsonse isn't going to be very pretty.

"She's really in the dumps, she's been silent. When I say silent, when I enter the house, she's completely dead silent. When I talk to her, it's like I'm talking to a brick wall, small responses. She has never ever ever been like this Chloe. I don't mean to scare you but... I'm scared for Skyler." I felt weak and sick all over again. Eunji quickly regained her posture and gave a smile. "You know Skyler, she's like elastic, she'll jump back into the swing of things." She pushed the basket between us.

"Jisung and his girlfriend Baby were being cute and made some cookies together. I was third-wheeling and made these for you." She unwrapped the cloth in the basket, revealing golden brown chocolate chip cookies. We began munching down on some of them. "The party's tonight, you should bring Nate. I think he needs to see how you are when you're tipsy." I playfully pushed Eunji with a embarrassed laugh. "I see nothing wrong with being a clingy, loving drunk." She laughed. I waved away Eunji's comments.

That night, I invited Nate over to come and get ready with me for the party. Nate had brought a few bottles of his and we began drinking at home. After a while, I came out of the bathroom. I tried my best to look out of this world since the theme of the party was supposed to some type of alien theme. Nate wolf whistled as I entered my bedroom. I blushed and mumbled for him to buzz off. Nate dressed up pretty basic, he has some glow in the dark paint on his face and wore light up devil horns.

We drove off to the party, and met up with Jisung and Baby. We mingled around and danced a little on the dance floor. Nate and some of his friends had given Jisung, Baby and I some party tablets that would "enhance the party experience.". A while later, in the kitchen we spotted a few more friends. It was Eunji, Chaeyoung, Billie, Simone, Yerim and... Skyler. Her face looked a little green as we made eye contact with each. The drugs couldn't even blind me from the heavy feeling deep in my chest. Without hesitation I quickly traveled to Skyler and gave her the tightest hug I could. I felt so right, I could stay like this forever.

I couldn't let go of her.

"Skyler you're looking good, you did this yourself?" I uttered out, the thumping bass and the effects of the drugs made it a little hard to keep straight. "Chaeyoung did it, I could never pull this off myself." Her hearty chuckle made me chuckle along. Billie roughly dropped her arm around my neck and gave me a wet sloppy kiss on my temple, her lipstick sticking to my skin. As she did, Nate introduced himself to Skyler. My heart pounded, praying that Nate doesn't say too much about himself. Billie couldn't keep her big, drunk ass mouth shut though. She practically yelled my well-kept secret about Nate.

"Is this the special Nate you've been talking about?" The thought of running away to Mexico sounded like one of the best decisions I could ever make. "Skyler, this is my boyfriend, Nate." Skyler's face was unreadable, it made me feel scared of her reaction. Nate made it even worse, kissing my cheek, showing off that I'm his. Yeri began whining about missing out on all of the good songs to dance to. We all gave in, and moved to the dance floor. Soon enough, seeing everyone feeling good and going wild on the dance floor made me feel good. I soon lost myself in the music, yelling along to the lyrics with Billie and Chaeyoung.

Nate pulled me into a deep kiss. In the kiss he transferred a tablet onto my tongue, sending me into another serious high. After a while of wandering the house, talking to practically anyone with Chaeyoung, I linked up with Nate by the pool. I was too high to recall what we were talking about, but the conversation soon became dirtier and dirtier. Again, Nate pulled me into a harsh, teeth grinding kiss. Nate whispered in my ear about moving this stuff into a bedroom upstairs.

The vibe was ruined by a splash of warm liquid, drenching us completely. I quickly looked around and saw Skyler by the fountain, her hand still around the knob. "SKYLER WHAT THE HELL?" I wanted to cry, how could Skyler do this to me? This broke my heart. Somehow after a good thought, she thought this was okay and that I deserved this. Without a word, she soon ran off. Chaeyoung, Billie, Eunji, Yeri, Jisung and Baby came out to see what happened, calling after Skyler.

"I'll get her, guys get them cleaned up before the chocolate dries." Eunji said before sprinting after Skyler.