Chapter 21

"Well Mr. and Mrs. Mendes, your baby looks great. Here are your pictures and your free to go" the doctor said as she handed us our pictures. "Thank you" I said as we got up and left. "Look babe" I said and showed him a picture. "I'm so happy" Shawn said and kissed me. And then I got a call from Jasmine who was currently watching Ava for Shawn and I.

(J- Jasmine, C- Camden)

C- Hey girl!

J- hey Camden. How'd it go?

C- great. I'm actually almost two months and the baby's great!

J- that's great! Hey, We're having a cookout at the house this afternoon and I figured since Ava was already here that yall would want to come. The whole gang is going to be here.

C- oh yeah! That sounds great! Do you need me to bring anything?

J- just your swimsuit

C- alright, I'll run by the house and grab our swimsuits and head over.

J- alright see you in a minute. I gotta go I think Johnson and Nicole are here

C- Alright Bye

/End of Conversation\

"Who was that babe?" Shawn asked. "Jasmine. They're having a cookout at their house." I said. "Cool so I'm guessing we need our swimsuits" he said and put his hand on my leg. "Yeah" I said and laughed as we pulled up at the house. I ran in and grabbed our bathing suits and then we drove to Matthew's. 

We rang the doorbell and patiently waited for someone to open the door. "Mommy!" Ava said as she ran to us when Jasmine opened the door. "Hey baby girl!" I said and picked her up. "Mommy! You let Riley outside. She's gonna run away!" Ava Grace said very concerned. "It's okay baby, she'll come back" Jasmine said. "How about you go get Uncle Matthew and you and him can go get her" I said and she ran off to Matthew.

"Hey JJ, Hey Nicole!" I said as I walked in. "Hey Sammy!" I said to their little 4 year old, Samuel. "Hey!" He said and ran to Shawn. "Uncle Shawn!" He said and Shawn picked him up. "What's up bud?" Shawn asked as they sat down on the couch. I left and walked into the kitchen and Nicole followed me. "Jasmine do you need any help?" Nicole asked. "Yeah, Camden will you cut the watermelon and Nicole will you make the salad while I finish these cupcakes" she said and we nodded and started doing what we were told and then everyone else came in one family after another.

"Hey yall" I said as Madison and Jack walked in with baby Lane. "Hey" Madison said and Jack went straight to the living room with the boys. "What have yall be up to?" She asked. "Oh just making a salad" Nicole said and laughed. "And take care of our baby" Jasmine said referring to their baby Mackenzie. "And going to the doctor and taking care of a sassy 4 year old" I said and the laughed. "Hey Cameron! Hey Lauren!" I said from the kitchen as they came in. "Mommy guess what!" Ava Grace said running into the kitchen. "What baby?" I asked. "Me and Uncle Matthew got Riley back inside." She said. "Good job!" I said. "Gimme a high five" Jasmine said. "Where's my 'good job'" Matthew said as he came in the kitchen all sweaty. "Good job baby" Jasmine said and kissed him. "That's gross" Ava Grace said and ran off. "Hey yall" Lauren said. "Hey" we said. "Avery!" Ava Grace yelled to her best friend. "Hey Ava Gwace!" Avery said. "Best friend like their mommas" Lauren said and we laughed. Shortly after, Nash and Mallory showed up and so did Hayes and Angelina. "What's up!" Angelina said coming in the kitchen. "Hey girl. How's the baby?" Nicole asked as she patted her stomach. "Great!" Angelina said. "Go play with Ava Grace!" Mallory said to Logan as she pulled her off of her. "No! I want to stay with you" Logan said and Mallory faves us a look and we all laughed. "Come here Logan" Gilinsky said and she went straight to him and they went back in the living room. "Where baby Colten?" Lauren asked. "With Nash." She said. "Has someone been a handful today?" Madison asked. "Like you wouldn't believe" Mallory said and we laughed. "Hey look, Aaron and Haley are here!" Lauren said. "Hey guys!" We all said. "And look it's Taylor and Ava!" Jasmine said as Taylor walked in holding baby Jacob in one arm and Addy on his hip.

"Uncle Cameron I love your dog!" I heard Addy said. "You brought your dog?" Haley asked. "Avery insisted" Lauren said rolling her eyes. "Addy go play" Ava said and Addy ran off. "So Camden, you said you've been going to the doctor. What for?" Nicole asked. "Well there's going to be a new Mendes in about 7 months" I said and a smile appeared on all the girls' faces. "What??? That's awesome! I get to be another Uncle!" Nash yelled and ran to come hug me and then Baby Colten started crying. "Your nephew is excited too!" He said and we laughed. "I'm excited too! Uncle pooh bear to the rescue" Hayes said and we all laughed.

The whole gang laughed and swam and ate for a couple hours and then we headed home. "Shawn what's the matter?" I asked as we drove home. "Nothing" he said as he intertwined our hands and laid them on the console. I looked back and saw my Ava Grace passed out. "No really babe. What wrong?" I asked. "Just thinking" he said as a smiled appeared on his face. He looked in the rearview mirror at Ava Grace and his eyes lit up. "Thinking about how I got so lucky" he said and put he his hand, that was holding mine, and put it on my stomach that had just a little bump. "And soon there will be four" he said and I smiled. "I love you so much!" I said and kissed him. "Babe you were supposed to turn left" I said. "Not to get to the pet store." He said and I smiled. "I'm sure Ava Grace won't mind being woken up to get a puppy" he said as he pulled into the pet store. He got out and woke Ava up and we went inside. "I want the little fluffy grey one" Ava Grace said. "The one with bright blue eyes?" I asked. "Yes mommy. Her eyes are like yours" she said and I kissed her cheek. "I love you sweet girl." I said. "What's her name going to be princess?" Shawn asked Ava. Ava looked down at the tiny dog. That had little white patches on her back. "Can I name her patches?" She asked. "That's perfect princess" I said as Shawn handed her the dog. "And the Mendes family just keeps growing" Shawn said as he kissed me.

//////////////
Hey guys! Let know what you think of this chapter! And if you have any ideas, let me know because I'm getting a little writers block. And if you haven't already, go check out my new book. It's a Matthew Espinosa fan fiction called Forever and Always. Thanks for ready and don't forget to comment feedback and ideas. Love ya❤️