A little bit of Light (23)

*Riley’s POV*

Since I can remember I can count the number of times I’ve cried on my fingers. When I was young and got lost at canadas wonderland for four hours. When I was ten years old and my pet lizard passed away. The time I got really bad food poisoning and was throwing up all night.

Now I had another time to add to my fingers. The moment I opened the link sent to my face book and read what was on the page. I hadn’t meant to cry, in fact, I hadn’t noticed the tears dripping down my face until they landed on my hand. It was a website. A website marked ‘Rileyisagaybitch’

The name, as uncreative as it was, didn’t really matter.

The terrible and cruel anonymous stuff being posted did.

It was all anonymous to. Even if I called th police for cyber bullying like some kind of pussy I’d have no finger to point at anyone. Of coruse it was made by Katy-who else? Did I have prove? No. All I had was the fact that she disliked me and the terrible words and pictures being posted.

I exsited out of the search engine, put in my head phones, and hoped school never came.

********************

I woke up from dreams plagued with nightmares, sweaty and disoriented. My life was over. It had to be. No respect meant people were prone to bully me now, indifferent to who I once was. No respect meant how was I going to make it through the day, much less focus on school?

*Flash Back*

“Henry?” I called out, confused as to where he’d disappeared to. It was the very first day of kindergarden and me and my two best friends were excited as hell. I knew Henry and Ollie didn’t know each other very well, but maybe they’d grow to. I turned back to where Ollie ahd been.

Gone. Just like that. I shivered, nervous being by myself.

Mommy had told me to stay with Henry because he was so big. She said other kids would leave me alone if they knew I was friends with Henry. Henry wasn’t here though, so I took an empty seat near the back of the room, my short legs dangling from the plastic chair.

“Hey loser, you’re in my seat” another boy growled, approaching me.

“I am?” I blink back at him, not sure where my seat is then.

“Are you trying to be cool?” the boy challenged. Other kids peered at us giddily.

“N-no” I stutter. I try to steady my voice “I was just here first…”

The boy scowled at me, then tipped the chair over, me in it. I crumpled on the ground.

Kids all around me laughed and I lied there miserably. Then Henry’s hand shot out and helped me up.

I got to my feet, lip trembling. “W-why did he do that?” I ask helplessly.

“It’s okat Riley. People are just mean sometimes. You just have to show them you’re not afraid”

*Flash back over*

I couldn’t miss school. It’d be more humiliating then everything and anything waiting for me there. Not shwoing up today was telling them that they had won. Acting like anything was amiss was telling them they’d won. Balling my hands into fists, I pull myself out of bed and start my day.