Chapter 43: Stress

Start from the beginning

"I need to really talk to you. It's important"I tell him. "Umm, okay yea, come with me into my office"He motions for us to follow him, still confused.

"It was nice seeing you again"I tell Emily and nod a smile at Diana. Me and the officers follow my dad into his home office. One of the officers close the door shut, for us to have some privacy.

"I'm sorry for barging in unexpectedly but we really need to talk"I tell him and he sits behind his desk.

"So, I'm sure that you know about Sophia being kidnapped again"I begin and he nods. "I would have called to check up on you, but I didn't know if you wanted me to"He tells me and I wave him over.

"Well, Jai has threatened to end your life"I tell him and his eyes widen. "What do you mean?"He asks.

"He wants to kill you, and we all know he is capable of it. That's why I'm here, to warn you to be careful. These officers are gonna be with you and protect you and your family until we are able to catch Jai again"I tell him and he nods, fear in his eyes now.

"This isn't Jai, it can't be. He hasn't killed anyone"He says. "It is Jai, he escaped Jail and he went after Sophia again. We have to be careful, please be careful dad. I know we aren't on the best of terms right now, but that doesn't mean I want you to go away for good this time"I tell him. Isabelle clings onto me, as I try reaching over to place my hand on his.

"This isn't Jai"He still shakes his head. "Are you taking his side now?"I ask confused.

"No, that kid belongs in jail, but I....I-I know Jai"He tells me and I furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean you know Jai?"I ask.

"His dad, Lucas and I, were good friends remember? When you guys were together we had become close"He tells me. "Yea I remember, but you and his dad stopped talking after we broke up right?"I ask him.

"No, that's what you thought. Just cause you and Jai had broken up, doesn't mean we weren't gonna be friends anymore"He says. Makes sense I guess.

"Are you still friends with him?"I ask him and he shakes his head no.

"Can I please talk to you without the officers or Isabelle please, only for a few minutes?"He asks.

I look at him confused but can tell it's important as well.

"Can you watch Isabelle for a second guys? And head out?"I ask the officers still with me. They nod and one of them picks Isabelle up from my lap. She begins screaming as he takes her from my lap.

"It's okay, I'm gonna see you again in a few minutes I promise"I tell her but she still continues to scream. Tears falling down her face already, as she squirms in the officer's hand. "Pwease mommy!"She cries but they all walk out with her. It pains me to see her like that, to see her so scared.

I turn back around to face him, ready for him to talk.

"Okay, I'm gonna tell you something but don't get mad. And please keep this to yourself, promise me you will keep this to yourself"He asks me. It depends on what he tells me for me to keep my mouth shut.

I nod my head anyways, just to hear what he has to say.

"Alright, me faking my death wasn't my idea. I lied about that"He starts and I cross my arms. "What do you mean?"I ask feeling my anger wheeling it's way in already. How much more is he gonna lie to me?

"Lucas threatened me"He says and now I'm back to being confused. "Please don't tell your mother this, but he threatened to tell her about my secret affair with someone else"He says and my eyes widen this time.