Chapter 6 : Don't talk to me! We're strangers!

6 ~ Don't talk to me! We're strangers!

"Excuse me, miss, is this your Pokemon?" Nurse Joy asked, politely, at the Santalune Poke Center.

Serena nodded, placing Fennekin's pokeball beside Fennekin. "We got into a battle and Fennekin is a bit hurt." She laughed it off lightly. 

Epic lie. . .

The Nurse looked at the Pokemon next to it who was clinging close to Fennekin despite being just as injured. "And this Minun?" she asked.

Beside her, Sie raised his hand placing his Pokeball beside hers.

The pink haired nurse nodded and bowed lightly. She called over a Pokemon that Serena didn't know and quickly spoke to it. "This'll take about an hour if you don't mind. May I have your names and ID card?"

"Serena." She handed over the card attached inside of her Pokedex that somehow had all required information on her despite her never once seeing it 'till now.

"Sie-" Again, he was about to say something more but stopped. He pulled a card out of his pocket and showed it to Nurse Joy. He also gave her a firm look.

Serena, confused, opened her mouth to ask before he gave her the same look from before. She raised her hands in surrender and turned away, walking towards the couches they had nearby. From her bag, she pulled out a comb and began fixing her hair, again.

During the entirety of the three hour walk to Santalune, she had dealt with a Minun shocking her who was unrelenting to both her and Sie with it shocks and with a cranky Fennekin who wanted to nap and blast ember everywhere. . .

The two of them also dealt with each other. . . and with each other's sharp remarks.

Maybe this is how mom feels after I talk back to her for an entire day. . . same with Summer and Nate. . . She suddenly felt pity for her family. Sorry you had to deal with me for a while there, guys. . .

She felt the seat sink and glanced over. Sie had sat down and was stuffing the card back into his pocket. His hair was even messier than it had been that morning which made her laugh. He flicked her head and leaned back, stretching out his legs and crossing his arms.

Laughing again, Serena waved her comb in front of him. "Your hair?" she mentioned.

"Don't care," he retorted.

Leaning over, she roughly drew the brush through his hair once, and left it hanging there until he took it and yanked through the blond locks quickly. She ducked when he flung it back at her. It hit the teenager next to Serena who was filing her nails.

Immediately, Sie turned his head down and pretended to sleep. Serena smacked him and turned back to the girl. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, reaching for the comb.

The girl looked up and caught Serena's face. She was a cute girl with a beautiful face. "It's fine," she replied, giving Serena her comb back. Serena saw her gaze move from her to behind her, towards Sie. "Hey, do you know him?"

"Sort of," the black haired trainer replied.

"He's cute," she commented.

You are messed up, darling. . . Actually, yeah, he's pretty good looking. . . only with the worst personality ever.

"Switch seats with me?" the light blonde girl, with a shoulder cut, whispered into Serena's ear.

In the mood to mess with him, she nodded. "Be my guest. Good luck though, seriously."