Chapter 11

Her alarm goes off at 6:30 am. She speaks softly. "Stiles?" He mumbles something incoherent. "Stiles. Come on, wake up. Time for your meds." Lydia sits on the bed and starts getting up. She knows Stiles is awake, she felt him kiss her hair like five minutes ago, when she was still half-asleep.

"Seven," he murmurs, starting to move.

"Yes, meds at seven, but I need to take a shower and so do you. Ariel will be up in an hour, come on babe."

Now Stiles is definitely awake. "Babe? Is that how you're calling me now?" he asks smiling.

It kind of slipped out. "You're sleeping on my bed. I think I get to call you whatever I want," she teases.

He smiles. "I like the sound of that."

"Is it okay, though?" Lydia asks more serious now, walking towards his side of the bed. "I mean, I don't know why I said that, it just came out."

"As long as I get to say it back, it's fine by me."

She bends down and kisses his cheek. "Deal. Now..."

They have talked about their arrangements the day before. If he's being honest, Stiles is not too thrilled about Lydia having to help him in the bathroom. For one, he really doesn't want to give her any more trouble than he already has. On the other hand, he's not too keen on Lydia seeing him in moments of such vulnerability and exposure. The problem is that he really can't go to the bathroom alone so he has to suck it up.

She senses his reticence. "Stiles, I told you it's okay. Here." She gives him the nursing pillow she bought to help him whenever he needs to stand. Holding it gently against his chest, Stiles takes his time to get up from the bed and Lydia is right there, just in case; she's not a foot away in case something happens. "Remember, don't force your knee."

It takes them a full three minutes to get to her en suite bathroom, Stiles supporting himself with one crutch on his left side because of his knee, leaving the wheelchair for longer distances. Lydia follows right behind him. She closes the door while Stiles puts the crutch aside and looks apologetically at her. "I'm so sorry about this."

Lydia laughs. "God, Stiles. Stop whining."

He frowns. "This is really not how I thought we'd get undressed the first time, okay?"

Lydia starts unbuttoning his pajama shirt and steals a kiss. "I still get to see you naked," she smirks.

"This is so unfair."

She takes his shirt off, trying not to look at his bruises for long. "Not really. I'm taking a shower too."

"Yeah, well I'm not a big fan of voyeurism. I'm not staying here just to watch you shower, Lyds."

"You still don't get it, do you? We're taking a shower together, as in at the same time."

"What?" Stiles doesn't know if he should be excited or panicking.

"I'll have to get inside the shower to help you, anyway. Might as well save me time, right? Because if not, next time we'll have to get up at six." Lydia figured it wouldn't be much of a big deal. Everything with them seems to come easy these days, but now Stiles is looking back at her with a blank expression and suddenly she's not so sure. "If that's okay with you, of course."

Stiles takes a few more seconds to speak. "Are you sure about this? I really don't want you to do something you don't want to." Lydia opens her mouth to say something but he stops her. "And by the way, I should apologize about last night. You know, when I peeked at you when you were on your underwear. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry."

"Stiles..."

"I'm serious, Lydia. I don't want you to do anything you aren't comfortable with." He has thought about it a lot. He loves her, he does, and of course he wants her but not if she feels insecure about it. Just thinking about what she went through with Jackson in the past makes Stiles sick and god forbid if he'll ever come close to doing something Lydia wouldn't want to respond to. He caresses her cheek. "About everything, alright? I mean us, and me being here and whatever comes next for us. I- I just want you to be safe."

Lydia takes his hand and kisses his knuckles. "I love you. There's nothing I want more." She smiles shyly.

Stiles revels at the sight of a blushing Lydia. "You're so beautiful. Did I ever tell you that?"

She gets closer, smiling like a little girl. "Almost every day."

"It's obviously not enough." He grins. "I love you."

Lydia gets on her tiptoes and kisses him swiftly. Her cheeks must be completely red; she can feel them burning. "Okay, so can we move on? Because we really don't have that much time until Ariel awakes and I have to get her ready for school."

Stiles takes a deep breath. They are really doing this. "Right, of course."

Lydia smirks, grabbing the lace of his pants and untying it. "Alright then." She can see the muscles on his torso tense at her proximity when she slips her fingers under the waistband of his boxers and pulls them down along with his pants, getting on her knees to take them off without Stiles having to make too much effort. When she gets up again, she looks down at his morning erection, obviously pleased.

Stiles feels both embarrassed and smug. "You better take a good look because you're not getting any, remember?"

Lydia bites her lower lip and chuckles. "Very funny. Think you can stand up for long?"

"What?" Stiles is caught off guard again. She's not expecting him to endure sex right now, right?

She rolls her eyes. "Your knee, Stiles."

He rubs the back of his neck, cheeks flushed. "Oh, right."

Lydia laughs loudly now. It's evident what he assumed she meant by the face he's making. "Oh honey," she taps his chest lightly, "you couldn't take me."

Stiles lets out a chuckle. "You're gonna kill me, you know?"

She gets closer to kiss him again, lingering on the taste of his lips while ignoring the press of his bare body against hers. "Oh, I'm gonna do so many things," she whispers, smiling. Taking a step back, Lydia starts walking towards the door. "I'll give you time to pee by yourself while I'll go check on Ariel. Unless you need a hand." She raises an eyebrow, amused.

He laughs and holds out his hand, waving for her to go. "Get out of here."