Chapter 3

It had been a long horrible week. After climbing out of your grave, you traveled down the road, quickly coming across an old run down motel. Thanking Dean for leaving some cash in your pockets, you quickly check in and head into your room. The first thing you do is take a shower, rinsing all the dirt and grime off of you. Looking at yourself in the mirror you are surprised to see all of your scars gone, nothing left from your time in hell. At least not physically anyways. Walking across the street, you walk into a liquor store, buying whiskey and beer. You were afraid of what the nightime would bring, scared to close your eyes and see Sam do those horrible things to you.

You walk back into your room, taking a swig of whiskey, before laying on the bed and turning the TV on. After awhile you felt your eyes start to droop shut, but they are quickly opened when you see Sam stabbing you over and over.

That was how the week went. Drinking to dull the memories, sleepless nights filled with whiskey and random tv shows. Staring at the room phone, trying to gather the courage to call Dean, to let him know you couldn't save his brother, that he was still down in hell torturing people.

Finally deciding that rotting away in a motel room wasn't doing you any good, you decide to be brave, and head towards the bunker. Dean needed to know about his brother, and it was something better told in person.

It wasn't a long trip to the bunker, but you took your time, dragging it out as long as possible. Stopping for food you only played with, gas your car really didn't need, a stop for pie as a peace offering for Dean. A 2 hour trip turned into 4, and it was almost dusk by the time you pulled in front of the bunker. There were no other cars outside, but that meant nothing. Dean probably parked his Baby in the garage.

Taking a deep breath, you knock on the bunkers door, your heart rate speeding up as you waited. Finally the door opens slightly, with one of Dean's apple green eyes showing through the slight opening. He sees that it's you, and he opens it up wider, shock registering on his face.

"Y/ N? Is it really you?" He asks, before splashing you with holy water. You expected this, the testing to make sure you weren't a supernatural being. You raised your arm so he could make a small cut with a silver knife.

"It really is you, I had given up hope, it's been over a year." He tells you before crushing you in a hug. You walk with him down the stairs, and sit at the table as he gets a couple of beers out.

You take a sip, as you try and decide the best way to tell him about Sam. You open your mouth, but he beats you to it.

"I know it's in the past, but why? Why couldn't you tell us, at least tell Sam? We could have figured out a way." He says, still upset.

"I didn't want you to worry, I wanted to spend my last days happy, as carefree as a hunter could be. If I had told you, it wouldn't have been that way."

"I guess I get it, I'm just glad your back now. Any idea who brought you back?"

"No idea Dean. But about Sam, I've got to tell you. I'm so sorry..." You start to say, but the bunker door opens and in walks the man you were just talking about.

Dean goes over to Sam, "I've already done all the tests, it's really her, Sam."

Sam looks over at you, shock and disbelief evident on his face, but they quickly turn to shock once he looks at you. You are standing, using the chair in front of you as a shield, face white, and body shaking, with tears streaming down your face.

"Y/N, it's just me, your Sam. I promise I won't hurt you," He pleads, walking closer to you.

"Get away, I can't take anymore, please!" You beg, before running to your old room, shutting and locking the door behind you. Falling onto the floor, you bring your knees to your chest, rocking as you sob uncontrollably.