- preface

+ SYNOPSIS

Isn't that the saddest word? Almost. Something with so much potential... but just didn't happen.

We were almost lovers.
We almost lived.
These were almost stories.

___________

+ ABOUT

somewhere on tumblr, i saw somebody end their poem with "excerpts from a book i'll never write" and i instantly fell in love with the idea and the way it sounded.

i loved the idea that my poems were just snippets of a book called life and that they were always meant to be incomplete and unfinished. i loved that there was some beauty in its incompleteness.

___________

+ DEDICATION

for everybody

because we are all struggling and trying to hold everything up with our own two legs and society, parents, and friends aren't always going to help. sometimes, they're the ones who keep adding the weight or the ones who gave you the weight to being with. we are all struggling. this is for you. because you are loved, whether you believe it or not. you are loved. never forget that.

___________

+ WARNING

!!! darker and possibly triggering themes may appear within some poems !!!
!!! explicit language !!!

most of these deal with love, heartbreak, confusion, lying, and those stuff, because dealing with those suck.

___________

+ STATUS

→ writing: july 26, 2015 - january 27, 2016
→ posting: july 29, 2015 - july 1st, 2016
→ highest rank: #3 in poetry (august 3rd, 2016)

___________

+ COPYRIGHTS

"Almost" by Soul

© 2015-16, existingsouls

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author.

( THIS IS IMPORTANT. if you want to quote or use any of these poems for ANY purposes, PLEASE ASK ME FIRST!)