Dream Dancer-1

Chapter 1

Packing Up

"Clare don't forget your toothbrush!" my curly headed blonde best friend Ashlee called from inside my bathroom that was connected to the loft bedroom that I used to share with my twin sister Thea. My loft room was the size as my parents' master bedroom and it held a queen sized bed with a black comforter with teal, royal blue, and green flowers. The walls were painted teal and turquoise with two glass doors that led to my balcony that overlooked the shores of Beaver Lake. Then one wall was just one giant mirror for when practiced.

I flitted out of my closet and dropped the armful of clothes onto the open suitcase that was filling up way too quickly. "I can't believe I almost forgot that!" I said with a laugh as I hopped over and grabbed it away from her in the doorway of the bathroom.

"I can't believe you are going to leave me for an entire summer!" Ashlee said with a teasing pout as she walked her tall and slender self over to my teal computer chair next to my black desk that held my large selection of books, projects, and my Mac computer that held my iTouch docked to it.

I slingshot a sports bra at her face and she squealed playfully, dodging the incoming missile. "You won't even know I'm gone. I would have been working the entire summer anyways!"

"You are probably right, now I have some more time to spend trying to snag Raygen finally," she began as her eyes got all distant and a smile grew on her freckled face.

I threw a pillow this time, and bull’s eye! I hit her square in the chest, knocking her out of her trance, and back to reality. "Earth to Ashlee! Come back to me best friend!"

"Sorry," she said apologetically. Raygen was probably the best guy friend of mine that I would ever have. We practically grew up together going to the same church and going through school together. He was practically my brother and when I adopted Ashlee as my best friend she kinda took to him. She has hid it pretty well all this time since about fourth grade but she wants a bit more that to just be friends. I'll be honest, yes he is good looking, but it's weird for me to think of him as anything more as a friend.

I chuckled, "Don't be sorry, you have my blessing."

"I know I have your support, it's just him I'm worried about," she said as I saw her begin to doubt herself.

"Oh Ash don't do that! He just hasn't realized what has been smack in front of his face this entire time and I have a feeling once I'm gone things may change."

"Really? You think it may?" she asked, perking up hopefully. Her smile lit up her dimpled face and her stormy grey eyes mirrored her excitement.

“I wouldn’t doubt it,” I said making sure not to give away the secret I knew with my voice. Little did she know that I had been talking to Raygen for a really long time about her. He has liked Ashlee for just about as long as she has liked him but he has always been to shy and nervous to do anything about it. I’m kinda like the middle man, she asks about him and he asks about her. What is so funny about it is they are perfect for each other and they don’t even truly know it yet. He has is all planned out: after I leave he is going to ask her out and hopefully it will just go from there.

She giggled and hugged the pillow to her chest, “If anything happens I’ll tell you! I’ll try Facebook, Skype, email, snail mail, or message by carrier pigeon if I have to!”

I laughed and then realized my suitcase was already full and I didn’t have half the amount the stuff I needed packed. 

Then I turned around to find Thea walking in the doorway with her zebra print and pink suitcase that matched mine in her hand. "Lil' sis you are going to need a lot more room, and I've also packed a few things for you to wear."