chapter twelve

Melody's P.O.V

As i got closer and closer to the fair, the more I thought about the whole situation. I hoped to God that Caden and Bonnie weren't there still, because I sure as hell don't want to deal with that bullshit. My heart also when out to Carl's horny ass back at the house. Horny little bastard. I laughed to myself. I kept thinking about how Holly had fucked Debbie over. Holly was Debbie's best friend for years. Debbie has told me so much about her. It pissed me off because I knew how it felt to get fucked over. I knew the feeling all too well. I walked back onto the fairgrounds. I stormed towards the ferris wheel. I spotted a girl that Debbie was with earlier. I approached her, cracking my knuckles. "Hey, have you seen Holly anywhere?" The girl nodded. "She's behind the ferris wheel with Matty. They're probably about to fu-" "Thank you." I cut her off before going to meet them. "You're welcome?" I heard her say as I walked away. I turned to corner to see Matt and Holly making out. I rolled my eyes. Fucking gag me with a spoon. I cleared my throat. She turned to me, wiping her mouth. "Can I help you?" She asked with a bitchy tone. I nodded. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked her, looking over to Matt. He had a puzzled look. "Making out with a hot guy," She pushed him away and walked towards me. "What's it to ya?" She said with a smile. No, not just a smile, an evil smile. I saw Matt wipe the remains of Holly's lipgloss off of his mouth. "Well that's Debbie's ex-boyfriend." I spoke. She nodded. "I know." "Right, well you see, she's not over him." She laughed. "Well, she seemed over him." I was getting angrier by the millisecond.  "Well, she's not. You were her best friend, Holly. You fucked her over." She laughed again. "And what are you gonna do about it?" She asked. I felt my blood boil. "This." I punched her in her mouth. She spat some blood out. Damn, I'm stronger than I thought. She fell to the ground and I kicked her in the stomach. She's crying now. "You have fucked with the wrong girl." I said, looking down at her. She coughed up blood. "And who are you, again?" I looked up at Matt, who was obviously shocked. I looked back down at her with an evil smirk. "You're worst fucking nightmare." I kicked her harder. She cried as I kept kicking her. I hit her one last time as I looked up at Matt once more. "You might want to go." I said, cracking my knuckles. He nodded and walked away slowly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the Gallagher's house proud of what had just happened. I waltzed up to Debbie's room. Carl was sitting on her bed with her, comforting his sister. I couldn't even fathom how adorable that was. "What happened?" I heard Debbie groan. "You tell me." I said as she looked up. Her eyes widened as she saw my bloody knuckles. She jumped up and hugged me tight. "You're the best, Mel." I hugged her back. "It's the least I could do." I smiled, hugging her tighter. She pulled back and sat down. "Are you satisfied?" Carl asked me, standing up. I nodded, laughing a little. "How'd you do it?" He asked me, eager to hear. "I'm guessing you hate her?" I asked him. He nodded quickly. "I hate that bitch." He chuckled. "I punched her in the mouth, she spat out blood, then she fell to thr ground and I kicked her." I smiled innocently. Carl's mouth was hanging open. "Holy shit, that's sexy." He muttered. "Not as sexy as my bloody knuckles, huh?" I laughed as I waved my hands in his face. "Quit it, Mel." He laughed as I chased him into his room.  I laid down on his bed. "you tired?" He asked. I nodded, shutting my eyes. "I bet beating up a skank is very tiring work, isn't it?" He joked. "Shut the fuck up and cuddle me." I said, my eyes still closed. I felt the bed sink down next to me. The feeling of his arms around my waist was to die for. But surprisingly I'm still breathing, hard to believe because everyday he takes my breath away. I nuzzled my head into his neck. He kissed my forehead. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. "Hey, Mel." He spoke in a hushed tone. "Hmm?" I responded. "I fucking love you." He spoke. He looked like he was gonna cry. I sat up. "You do?" I asked. He sat up as well. "Of course. How could I not? You're perfect." He said. Oh shit, here comes the butterflies. I smiled. "I'm not perfect, Carl. I'm really not." "Don't say that." I looked at the ground. "How do you not see perfection every time you look in a mirror, or see a photograph of yourself?" I shrugged. "I am just insecure, that's all." I sat cross-legged on his bed. "I'm still insecure from back home." He scooted closer to me. "That's not your home now." He spoke. "Honestly," I took a deep breath. "I never knew what felt like home until you held me." I laughed, looking back down at the ground. "That's fucking stupid and cheesy, I know." It was silent for a minute. I looked back up at a glossy-eyed Carl. "No, Carl.I'm not perfect." I gulped, trying to hold back tears. I felt like breaking down seeing him want to cry. "Can I say something cheesy?" He asked. I smiled a little, looking into his eyes. "Go for it." I held back tears as he started to cry. "You're my kind of perfect." The pain in my chest finally stopped as I let a few tears fall. I shook my head and smiled at him, reassuring him that I loved him. I hugged him tighter than I have ever hugged anyone. I sobbed tears of pure happiness into his shoulder. He pulled me to lay down with him. We were facing eachother now. He kissed my nose. "I love you too, Carl. Don't you fucking forget it." I kissed his lips. Debbie walked in. "Hey, I'm going to get food if you guys want to come." She said. I looked at her, then back at Carl. "Can you just pick us up something?" I said, signaling to her that I wanted to just lie with him. She nodded. "Of course." She smiled sweetly. Before she walked out she looked back at us. "No matter how much shit I put you guys through, I'm really happy for you guys." She smiled. She closed the door. My heart fluttered. My life is finally looking up. I just wish everybody back home could see me now.