Chapter 2

"Turn your wounds into wisdom." – Oprah Winfrey

ANGEL SMITHS

Tell me a lie.

Tell me that the pain would disappear and sometimes along the blurry lines I would feel―― happiness and love are all I really need. Just tell me a lie, tell me I'm alive. Tell me I'm here and not ready to die.

What do I expect the principle to do when his step-son is the bully? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

The tragedy of life. You're defined by your status, the name of the brand you're wearing, the number of zeros you have in your bank account. It's all about masking our imperfections to fit society.

Alex Blake was a man I despised after my step-father. They both sickened me and made me loathe the male species. He wasn't your typical high school bully that had a different girl attached to him every second. And I have a slight idea why――they're disgusted by him.

Another added feature was he barely smiled――not that I'm stalking him or anything ―― he always had a frown settled upon his face with red eyes and a huge scar on his hand that was once upon a time the talk of my school. And even though I hate to admit this――like really hate to admit this―― if it weren't for his looks no one would have given him a second glance.

I usually snap at him with my best comebacks, but yesterday was a special case. Even though I loathe him, I'm sure no one ---and I mean no one --- is living a fairytale, everyone has a problem because our lives were supposed to be full of many unhappy moments and problems. At least that what I believe in to make myself feel less miserable.

"Smiths! Am I interrupting your dream?" The top person on my 'I hope you die' list, least favorite teacher, snapped.

"Well sir, I was just admiring your new toupee," I said truthfully followed by a gasp. I've heard many disapprovals at my failed humour, but at least I think I'm hilarious. It was like a mask to hide behind in order to dissimulate the more vulnerable girl who wants nothing than to disappear from this town.
I was counting every second and every minute that passes by to get away and never come back.

"Ms. Smiths! Are you making jokes in my classroom? Is that how your parents taught you? "

"My mum always told me to speak the truth, with all due respect. " I could feel burning stares into my skin and loud gasps filling the room.

I felt alive for a second and a burst of laughter unintentionally escaped me.

"Smiths! Detention." He said, gritting his teeth and touching his hair. Busted. I thought silently as I bit my lip, trying to prevent myself from another laughter escaping.

I had to do this. Detentions were my favourite since I don't have to deal with my step-father ordering me around like a hired maid for at least a couple of hours.

It was my little secret, no one but myself knew.

What does it feel like to be bullied?

Imagine waking up in the morning knowing you will be facing one of your worst fears. It's like someone who is afraid of heights knowing they are going to be standing on top of a tall building that day.*

It leaves emotional scars. It makes you doubt yourself, and makes you feel worthless, but here comes your job, how to not make it affect you. I had suffered a lot, not just from Alex, but from my step-father too.

12'o clock. Lunchtime. Do you know what that means? It means insults and insults and insults .

"Bitch!"