Chapter One: How You Meet

(A/N: This starts off cringy as fuck because I wrote the BEGINNING when I was 11. But the story develops, I SWEAR!!)

YOUR P.O.V (Point of View):

It was a rainy autumn afternoon while you were rushing home from the bar you went to with friends. You always kept a spare copy of your phone number handy as you were feeling lonely lately and so you were looking for love. You felt pressurized when some drunken man walked up to you and said, "Caaan I hev ur numbree plz," and so now, if you thought they didn't look like an idiot, you could just hand it to them without having to jumble through everything.

You were excited to get home and kick your feet up on the sofa while re-watching episodes of philisnotonfire. However, as you were day-dreaming, you did't notice a man walking towards you. When the next thing you knew, the whole contents of your bag had spilt out onto the pavement. You immediately turned to apologise to him until you saw his face. Guess what? It was Dan Howell.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" He said as a red blush began to form across his face. Socially awkward. You remembered.

"No, it was completely my fault, Da-" You stopped yourself quickly and screamed at yourself internally don't prove you know him you'll just sound like a stalker! But it's him! How can you not fangirl?!

"Wait...so you know my name? You must be a phan then," He said, with slightly more confidence in his voice than the last time he spoke.

"Yeah...I am," You admitted. You had finished picking up all of the contents you could see that fell out of your bag that you could see and stood up from uncomfortably crouching over the pavement.

"So, you know my name...whats yours?" He asked you, trying to subtly not make direct eye contact.

"(Y/N)," You replied.

Dan's P.O.V:

I was walking down the street when I saw a girl staring at the ground while walking along, however I couldn't notice her face because her (H/C) hair was covering it. I was talking to myself while walking along until I realised I had walking directly into her, causing her  to drop her bag, and all the contents then came spilling out. I apologised and then knelt down to help her pick it up. But then I looked at her and realised that she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, then a red blush began to creep across my face that I tried to hide by looking down at the pavement.

We talked a tiny bit, she was a fan of mine I found out, then she hurried off. As I looked down at where she was a few seconds ago, I realised that she had left a piece of paper behind, so I picked it up quickly considering whether or not to run after her, but by the time I turned around to see where she went I saw her turn the corner, so decided not to. I turned the the piece of paper over and then I realised that today was my lucky day.

It was her phone number.