Pregnant Preteen Chapter Two

I looked at Lexi shock pure on my face. A pregnancy test box?! I wasn’t even in eighth grade! I didn’t remember at all sleeping with Tony. Who was Tony? That’s right. Lexi’s boyfriend. But she didn’t seem mad. I groaned. My head began to ache and my throat went dry.

“It can’t be,” I said. I had a sudden urge to pee. To check if I really was cursed to be a mother. What would my dad say? What would Josh say?

“You obviously can,” Lexi sighed. I sighed.

“I’m sorry, Lexi,” I said.

“For what?”

“Sleeping with Tony.” She shook her head.

“Don’t worry about it. Things happen. You were both hammered. He doesn’t know I know.” I nodded.

“Thanks Lex.” She nodded.

“Not a problem.” We headed back downstairs and I went into the stall. I read the box carefully then followed the instructions. I walked out placing the test on the sink.

The next five minutes were agony. Finally the timer beeped. I turned around gripping Lexi’s hand tight my eyes squeezed shut. I opened them. I almost stumbled back right then and there. I almost burst into tears. I was ruined. This was the worst news ever. I wasn’t even thirteen and I was pregnant.

“Ladies?” Coach asked walking in. I shoved the test into the box and the box into my bag. The thick undeniable plus sign haunted my thoughts. I turned and smiled.

“Like the uniform?” I asked. I saw Coach’s lips quirk in a smile.

“You look wonderful. Now hurry up. This is a very important week. This is a very important year. You will be extremely busy. Now let’s go,” she said. I nodded and Lexi and I followed her out. This year was going to be busy alright.

We ran for twenty five minutes- five minutes a mile for five miles, and then we walked for ten. I was extremely out of breath and felt extremely uncomfortable. My head was throbbing and my chest was pounding. Coach frowned when I passed her with my heavy breathing. After the team did the amount of walking laps she told us all to get rehydrated then start a discussion on when tryouts for the new kids should be. She held up a thin finger and pointed at me, then motioned it towards her. I sighed walking over my water bottle already it hand. I had filled it up twice and was now chugging down my third bottle of water.

“Easy there,” she said. I nodded putting the empty water bottle down. She looked me up and down. I suppose I looked normal. Extremely sweaty and slightly tense since needing to use the rest room now. “Have you been running all summer like you were supposed to?”

“Of course I have!” I exclaimed a bit louder than need be. She scowled. “I’m sorry,” I immediately said. She nodded.

“You just seemed out of breath,” she said. What shit was she talking about? Yeah I was out of breath but from the past few weeks I had been running laps around the track field in the morning and the evening.

“I’m sorry,” I said. She nodded.

“So now I want you to catch your breath and do three more miles. Go. Go.” I groaned and did as I was told.

After that the chance to ask to go to the bathroom never came up because she seemed to be in an eternal bad mood. It had been eight o’clock when we did those laps. By twelve o’clock lunch break my bladder was bursting. But of course she just had to motion me over to her. I swallowed hard walking over trying not to make my need any more urgent. Thankfully she saw my distress and just wanted to complement me on my high quality game this first day of Intense Training. I nodded and forced a smile. Then she smiled kindly, something she rarely ever did, and handed me a bathroom pass.