Chapter 3

"It's getting dark, I'll take [Name]-chan home." A small smile crept upon Kaneki Ken's face as he wave his hand at his former co-worker. "Thank you for the coffee, Touka-chan." He added.

Said girl nodded in response before turning to you, beaming--which was obviously forced. "Nice meeting you, [Last Name]-san." She politely said, bowing her head lowly.

You can't help but chuckle. Just earlier, Touka was staring at you for hours and you could have sworn you could feel her stare burning a hole on your head. However, you chose to ignore it since you know yourself that you aren't frightened at all.

"You too," you stated, "Nice meeting you too, Kirishima-san." You said, though a hint of sarcasm was evident in the tone of your voice.

You can't help but smirk the moment you saw the dark haired woman frown. She probably noticed the way you looked at her. Definitely, she already knew that you were up to no good.

You waved goodbye and walked out of the cafe with Kaneki. You two were walking side by side and silence was the only thing enveloping between the two of you. That is, until, you spoke.

"Kirishima-san is so pretty," you snapped so suddenly, earning a confused look from the man beside you. You giggled at his reaction, "I was just wondering why you didn't like her--romantically, I mean. She's pretty, polite and looks so smart, Kaneki-kun."

The white haired lad giggled nervously, scratching his nape in an awkward manner. "W-Well you see, I only see Touka-chan as a little sister. I t-treat the whole Anteiku as my family." He gulped, "And Touka-chan is scaring me sometimes."

You raised an eyebrow, tilting your head on one side, "Why would you get scared? It's not like she's gonna eat you or anything." You smirked, "Well not unless, she's a ghoul."

Kaneki froze on his spot, eyes widened to your sudden statement. You smirked to yourself--you caught him off guard once again. But then, you need not to let him know your true intentions, and so your smirk quickly faltered and your humurous reaction turned into a worried one.

"Are you okay, Kaneki-kun?" You leaned closer, "Kaneki-kun?"

"H-Huh?" Kaneki snapped. He looked at you and blinked a couple of times before regaining his composure. His eyes softened at the sight of your worried expression, "I'm okay.."

"Are you sure?" You asked worriedly, "Was it something that I said?"

The one eyed ghoul quickly shooked his head. He smiled at you before taking your hand in his, intertwining your fingers together.

You can't help but blush. Damn Kaneki and his gentle nature. If this continues, you knew for yourself that things might get complicated. But you couldn't deny it, you were enjoying the warmth he's giving you.

"Where do you live?" He questioned, his gray eyes boring into your [e/c] ones. You immediately shifted your gaze and tried to avoid his stare.

"In the second street. Just a walking distance from here." You whispered.

He smiled at you before resuming his walk, your hand in his hand. "I'll walk you home then,"

"Really? You don't have to, you know." You smiled, and you almost hit yourself for beaming so genuine.

"Yes. It's getting late, [Name]-chan and it's dangerous for a lady like you to walk alone at this hour of the night."

You rolled your eyes as you try to suppress a laugh. Oh Kaneki, if he only knew that you were one of the causes of danger here in 20th ward.

"Alright." You quietly mumbled.

Minutes passed and no one dared to break the deafening silence. No, it wasn't that awkward one because surprisingly, this silence makes you both comfortable. You turned to him and unconsciously admired his features.

His hair was as white as snow, and you could almost imagine yourself touching it for it looked very soft. His eyes were in a beautiful shade of gray but sadly, it was filled with mixed emotions. You knew yourself that Kaneki Ken lived a tragic life. And you don't need him to tell you that.

You can see it in his eyes. Sadness, Fear, Loneliness, Anger-- everything that could make up a broken man. You want to pity him, but unfortunately, you have no room for that emotion.

"It's rude to stare, [Name]-chan."

You snapped out of your thoughts. You immediately shifted your gaze away from him the moment you realize you were staring. Just what on earth where you doing anyway?

"Ah, w-we're here." You snapped, trying to change the topic. You happily made your way towards you front door before turning to the white haired lad.

"Thank you for walking me home, I guess." You mumbled timidly.

"I don't mind." He smiled as a faint of pink started to appear on his cheeks. He looked down the floor so suddenly and shyly spoke, "Uhm, s-so when are we.. g-gonna see each other.. again?"

Your eyes widened for a moment, then a smirk crept up on your face.

He's completely wrapped around your fingers.

-------

I am truly sorry for the late update.. forgive Miyuu-chan? Lol

-MRS JAEGER-- I mean-- I--Eren--.... I love Eren .-.