The Sorting

Faith hurried up a grand staircase, grinning from ear to ear. Albus and Rose ran next to her along with all the other first year students. A tall blonde boy, with a scowl on his face, pushed past.

“Hey!” Faith exclaimed

“That’s Scorpius Malfoy, his father and  grandfather were both death-eaters, their house was used a voldemorts lair during the dark revolution.” Rose whispered

The first years came to the top of the stairs, where a small old man with a long white beard stood waiting for them.

“Welcome to Hogwarts!” He squeaked “My name is Professor Flitwick. In a moment you will be sorted into four houses; Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Gryfindor. During your time at Hogwarts  your house will be like your home, your housemates, your family. I will return in a moment.” The small man turned sharply and strode through the giant doors into the great hall. Faith just stood gawping, this school would be nothing how she had excpected. She could hear excited chatter amongst students, Albus praying he wasn’t put in Slytherin, an Scorpius praying he was! Before long Professor Flitwick returned, “follow me.” he squeaked. The first years trooped down the centre of the hall, to where a large hat was resting on a stool. The whole school waited in silence for a moment, then…

“Twas once very long ago,

Four great founders of old.

Who shared a dream to teach all those,

With magic strong and bold

They built this castle hidden away,

From muggles prying eyes,

They called this castle Hogwarts

And sat down with a sigh

Brave Godric of Gryffindor,

He sat there and said

“I’ll teach the brave at heart,

I colours gold and red.”

Well  dear Rowena Ravenclaw,

She did disagree,

“I’ll teach those strong at mind,

As intelligent as me.”

The cruel hearted Salazar,

He laughed and shook his head,

“Only those with the purest blood,

Will be taught by me.” He said

Sweet Helena Hufflepuff,

The kindest of the four

“and I’ll teach every other witch,

And wizard, knocking at the door.”

And so came four houses,

And I, the sorting hat,

To sort dear little first years,

Into houses, just like that.”

The hat, stopped singing and Flitwick stepped forward. Picking the hat up, he held up a long list of names.

“Maria Bones” He read. A timid little girl, with a dark brown bob framing her innocent face, stumbled up the stairs and sat on the stool. Flitwick placed the hat onher head, where it ummed and ahed before finally making its mind up.

“Hufflepuff.” It announced. Maria stood up and let out a sigh of relief, skipping over to the hufflepuff table.

“Rose Weasley.” Flitwick announced. Rose intantly went tense, creeping up onto the stool. The hat was placed upon her head.

“Well!” the hat exclaimed, making all the first years jump, “If it isn’t another Weasley! It’ll have to be Gryffindor!” An almighty cheer arose from the Gryffindor table as James clapped his cousin on the back. Faith and Albus stood waiting as the hat sorted there class mates into houses.

“Albus Potter.” Flitwick read. Albus stepped up and sat on the stool. Even from the crowd Faith could see him shaking

“Albus Potter! My my, famous boy you are!” the hat announced

“not Slytherin” Albus prayed.

“Not Slytherin eh, lot like your father you are. Well, it’ll have to be Gryffindor!” the hat exclaimed. Albus grinned as he went to sit with his brother and cousin.

“Scorpius Malfoy.” The blonde boy grinned when Flitwick read his name. confidently he stepped up onto the stool.

“Slyterin!” The hat cried, before it even touched his head.

”Faith Darskye.” Flitwick read her name, and she froze. She stepped slowly through the crowd glancing sideways at Rose and Albus. She sat down on the stool taking a deep breath.

“hmm, curious type you are.” The hat mused “Plenty of fire I see” She heard James laugh from the Gryffindor table, and scowled.  “Brains too.  I think it’ll have to be… Gryffindor!”  Faith sighed a sigh of relief and rushed over too sit next to Rose and Albus.

Later during the feast a beautiful blonde girl with pale skin and golden freckles saunted over to sit with them.

“Bonjour, My name ees Victorie Weasley, I am a Prefect.” The girl said.

“Uncle Bill married a part veela, Fleur Delacouer. Victorie’s our cousin.” Rose told Faith “They moved to France when she was born.”

“They sent her to Hogwarts because that’s where grandma wanted her to go, Fleur was all for sending her to Beuxbatons.” Albus continued. Faith looked across the table at the French girl sat next to James, and found her gaze distracted by James staring straight at her.