The Unexpected

Janelle's POV

"My God, this is hideous", I mumble to myself.

Who in their right mind decided to attach jewelry to clothing? It's the second tackiest thing that I've ever laid my eyes on.

The first being emoji based clothing.

I guess that I should introduce myself, huh?

My name is Janelle, Janelle Niemma Cole. I'm twenty one years of age. As a source of income, I model full time. I'm pretty good at what I do, which categorizes me as one of the best in my profession. Modeling is great and all, but it's not something that I see myself doing in the next ten years. I'll hopefully own my own business by then.

As far as character goes— I'm a chill person unless someone provokes me. Only then will the beast come out of its cage.

Social life?

Barely hanging on by a thread. I usually stay to myself. I have one close friend that I've known for years. I don't communicate with anyone else. There's really no need to do so. One friend is enough for me. I tend to get overwhelmed when dealing with multiple people.

Maybe it's my inner introvert.

Relationship status? Nonexistent.

My last one wasn't the best, so it ruined my outlook on all. Unfortunate, I know. I basically turn down any chance of one. I have plenty of things to worry about, and love isn't one. That'll probably come later on down the road.

Way later.

"It actually doesn't look half bad", Mercedes puts her input in.

Mercedes is my best friend of fourteen years. She's been there since day one, and not once has she ever switched up on me. She's really the only person who I can call a true friend. In fact, she's my only friend. I'm not much of a social person, but I'm not completely anti either. I'd just rather keep my circle as small as possible. Less friends, less possibility of snakes.

Enough about that though.

Mercedes and I were talking about attending this concert tonight. We heard that Tyga, Chris brown, and August Alsina are supposed to perform.

Key fact, Mercedes is literally borderline obsessed with Tyga. It's somewhat scary that she adores him as much as she does. I'm only going to this concert because she wants someone to tag along. I'm truly not a big fan of any of them. I mean, their music is good and all, but I don't go crazy over them like most. I'm just not one of those fangirl types. Never was, never will be.

Anyway, right now we're shopping for an outfit. I might as well look good for the occasion.

"What do you think about this?"

I held out a black fitted dress with cut outs on the sides. She shows me the thumbs up sign.

"I like it. You should definitely buy it."

I tilt my head a little, eyeing the revealing dress.

"Eh, I don't know. It might show a little too much skin for my liking. I'm not sure if I'll wear it."