E P I L O G U E

3 years later . . .

I sat in Starbucks on my break browsing through Instagram. I always came here to clear my head and work today was a little hectic so coming here was always so chill. I kept scrolling looking at and liking some pictures of people I followed. I came across a picture of Jade and her daughter Scarlett. She was a cute little girl and she looked just like Jade and Brandon. I don't even know why we still followed each other on here but I never got around to unfollowing her, I don't know her reason for still following me. I wish things well for her though. My phone vibrated in my head notifying me of a text message. I pulled down my notification bar and clicked on the message.

Babe❤ - (12:31): I miss you

I smiled at his message then replied. I missed him too even though we was just with each other before I went to work. The summer before I got here my freshman year was a little bittersweet. I hung out with Tj a lot and the week before I got here we ended things. He claimed he didn't do long distance relationships. I thought his reason was bullshit but I accepted it and we've been broken up for the last three years.

I guess the real reason of us breaking up was because of the new girl he was dating. When I went home for thanksgiving break that year I saw them together all hugged up downtown. We had only been broken up for two months and he was already dating someone else. I felt some type of way about it, hell it ruined my whole thanksgiving break.

Us breaking up was good because once I got back to school I was a little more open to meeting new people. I went out and made new friends and even gained a new boyfriend Tahj, and we've been together for almost two years now. He was everything I needed in a guy and I'm not just saying that to say it but he's everything foreal. After being together for so long he never switched up or anything. We had arguments but what couple didn't. He was a senior and a frat boy, which I loved.

Me and my parents relationship has grown too. I still haven't told them what happened the day I showed up home from the hospital. Even though it was three years ago I didn't want them to be worried about me at the time because everyone was delt with. I haven't had any problems since then and I hope it stayed that way.

I know everything I went through was hard for me to handle at just eighteen but I'm happy I got through it. Moving out of my home to live with a guy I've been with for three months. Lying to him about hanging with my ex to him cheating on me and kicking me out. Moving in with Azure and becoming a stripper. I still can't believe I did that shit, but I needed money. I did a lot of things for money to be honest, helping set up a robbery and having sex with a guy wasn't me. Everything I did shaped me into this person I am right now.

I was more smart about my actions. I thought about things before I went through with them. I also paid attention to the people I surrounded myself with. I didn't need anymore fake ass friends around me. I didn't need what happened then to happen now. I wasn't the naive little eighteen year old anymore I was now a wise twenty one year old.

I was doing well in school, things at my job was going great and my relationship with my boyfriend and the friends I have made are stable. I just hope everything stays this way. But knowing my life and the way its set up, this is only the calm before the storm.

The End !