The Promise (Prologue)

*****

This story will be based on the events that happened after Earth and Mars are at peace. This story is completely fan-made. There will be slight changes from the original anime, but all in all, this story should be enjoyable.

Basics to Fanfiction:

(Y/N) - your first name
(L/N) - your last name
(F/N) - father's name
(M/N) - mother's name
(s/c) - skin color
(e/c) - eye color
(h/c) - hair color
(h/l) - hair length
(f/c) - favorite color

And as the story progresses, I may decide to add more fill-ins. I try to make my stories as interactive as possible.

*****

Okay, so only the intro will be based on when Earth and Mars will still at war.

*****

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I remember standing there at the crumbling metal bridge. I watched as my parents tried to protect me from the Martian kataphrakt. I still remember those wretched colors: silverish-white, with bright yellow trims, and turquoise lights, and bright purple flames. Normally, I would've seen those colors as pleasant, beautiful even, but not this time. I absolutely despise those colors. Those colors belonged to that damned kataphrakt that killed my parents back when the war was still going on. The Tharsis--seventeen meters in height; a gigantic monster. I could never forget it.

Flashback

"(Y/N) save yourself!" my father yelled as my mother and I continued to dodge the bullets and attacks from the kataphrakts.

"No!" I yelled back with tears forming in my eyes. My mother looked into my red eyes and held onto my shoulders, "Please do as your father says."

I clenched my fists trying to stop the flowing tears, "No I don't want to--" My mother kissed my forehead and smiled, "I'm promise we'll be back."

She took off her necklace and placed it around my neck. "Remember that your father and I love you." She grabbed her gun and ran out to join my father.

"Mom! Dad!" I screamed through the explosions of the air. A sudden crash was heard and gray smoke filled the rotten air. There was debris everywhere. I coughed to find a building on the floor. The glass shattered to piece; it was a total wreck. A large silverish-white kataphrakt stood right next to the building. My parents twin metallic golden ginger pistols on the ground. My eyes widened in disbelief. I ran as fast as I could to grab the pistols.

"You promised you'd be back! You promised!" I screamed as I starting shooting the on-ground Martians like crazy. I was furious and hurt. Nothing could stop me. I shot with precision and grace. My bullets flew like birds against no wind.

I eventually fell to my knees and let all my tears fall out. Holding the two pistols in my hands. I grasped my shoulders as I shivered and quaked in frustration.

"Are you okay?" a soft voice said. I brought my red eyes to meet a pair of brown eyes and black hair. "Officer Yuki Kaizuka," the woman said as she bent down to my level. She brushed my (h/c) hair out of my eyes and handed me a handkerchief which I accepted.

"Oh my," she said in a worried tone, "What happened to you? You poor girl."

I spoke between sniffles, "My parents...died." I was choking on tears and was having a hard time breathing. My chest felt very heavy.