♠️

Hey y'all, gonna be reworking this one AGAIN bc I'm back into hxh and I'm no longer satisfied w this fic. So just ignore the discrepancies between chapters for the time being Lmaoo

[Setting] After leaving from his unsuccessful attempt to fight Chrollo, Hisoka meets back up with Illumi who momentarily took his place with the troupe in his absence.
They find their way back to the Zoldyck residence and Illumi lets Hisoka stay for a while since he has nothing to do for the time being and can't exactly go back to the group.
********

       It was just past midnight at the Zoldyck mansion when Illumi finally returned home from his latest hire.
       Upon arriving back to his room, he immediately changed into something more comfortable and then began the arduous task of cleaning the blood and other dried bits from his throwing needles. Meanwhile, Hisoka, who to Illumi's indifference had chosen to bunk with him despite the abundance of spare guest rooms, sat quietly on the floor, mindlessly building a tower of cards.
       They exchanged casual greetings as if they'd only been apart a few hours rather than days, and quickly carried on with their separate pass-times. So used to each others company, they were comfortable with the silence and didn't feel the need to waste time on pointless small talk when they didn't have anything to say.
       After a while, however, Illumi was the first to speak.

     "Hisoka?"

     "Mmm?" Hisoka hummed, hardly sparing a glance up as he carefully placed another card atop the already overburdened tower. 

     "You might know more about this than I would, so I'll get right to the point. Tell me, what is this feeling I get sometimes down here," Illumi said, pointing down between his legs.
       Hisoka's eyes widened as he stifled a laugh.
       Is he being serious? he thought. What a weird question.

       After a moment though, he remembered Illumi wasn't really the type to joke around and decided to answer.
      "Hmm.." Hisoka brought a hand to his chin, "that depends. Is it a good feeling, or a bad feeling?"

       Illumi took a moment to think about it.
       "Well, I can't say that it's necessarily bad, but it can get a bit frustrating sometimes," he nodded, confident with his answer.

       As unknowingly vague as he was, Hisoka already knew full well what Illumi was talking about. He could've answered his question right then, but being the self-indulgent hedonist that he was, simply couldn't resist his prurient curiosity.
       "And when is it that you notice this feeling?" he probed, struggling to contain the excitement that blazed inside of him.

       Illumi seemed unsure of how to answer.
       "Ahh, well...sometimes in the morning when I wake up, but actually, most of the time it's when I'm with you," he said as something suddenly clicked in his mind. "Wait, are you the one causing it?" he accused, his dark eyes narrowing, "If you've been playing some sort of long-con trick on me, I'm not going to be happy."

       Hisoka burst out into laughter as he covered his burning face with a hand.
       "Oh, Illu," he sighed, "You may be right about me being the cause of your...affliction, but I promise I'm not playing any tricks. It's perfectly normal."
      Though unexpected, Hisoka had heard enough to satisfy his intrigue. He had no reason to poke fun at Illumi's ignorance either. His parents probably weren't too concerned with giving him the talk when their sole focus was on training him to be a world renowned assassin.

       And Illumi trusted Hisoka's word. He was certainly sarcastic and sometimes too playful for his own good, but he was certain he'd have noticed if Hisoka had somehow secretly been using nen on him.  He was a transmuter after all, not a manipulator.  
       However, despite believing him, Illumi's mind began to wander through the different possibilities in which Hisoka's Bungee Gum could've been used against him. It started off fairly logical, but soon devolved into something so vulgar it made him feel strange inside, so he quickly shook the intrusive thoughts from his mind.
       Though he preferred not to use such tactics, one slip of a needle and Hisoka would tell him everything he wanted to know. Illumi wasn't worried about being lied to, he just knew there was more to it than Hisoka was letting on.

       "How can I relieve it, then?" Illumi asked in earnest, "I'm not familiar with any remedies."

       A pair of cards intended for the tower peak slipped from Hisoka's fingers and sent the rest of the structure scattering to the floor. His spark had been ignited once more.
       "Well," he chuckled under his breath, "there are a few ways you can relieve it, but there are also ways to make it feel even better."

       Illumi cocked an eyebrow, still confused.

       "It might be easier if I show you ~♣"