Chapter eight

It's been a couple of weeks and so far, everything is great. Dan and Phil are so nice to me. I have gained weight and now I'm the proper weight for my age. I've also forgotten about all cutting urges. I haven't gone to an actual school, but they signed me up for online school. I should be in eighth grade, but the assessment I took before I started classes put me in my second year of high school.

Today was just a normal day. I sat on the couch and finished my required school work of four hours. By the time it was noon, I was already finished and bored out of my mind. It wasn't too long after that, that I heard yelling coming from the kitchen. Usually when Dan and Phil fight, it's playful and because one of them ate the others cereal. But this, this was worse, way worse.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BREAK MY CAMERA, PHIL?!" I heard Dan yell. "I DIDNT BREAK IT! YOU CAME HOME LAST NIGHT, DRUNK OUT OF YOUR MIND! YOU KNOCKED IT OVER AND SAID YOU WOULD BUY A NEW ONE!" Phil yelled right back at him. Wait, Dan was drunk last night? I must've been asleep. "Okay. Let's get Amanda in here and ask her what happened!" Dan shouted.

Only seconds later, Dan was out of the kitchen and near where I was on the couch. "Dan! She wouldn't know! She was asleep when you got home last night!" Phil shouted, running up behind Dan. "You're a liar!" Dan shouted at him. They began arguing back and forth again. I couldn't take it. I ran to my room without them noticing.

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and started writing a note.
Dear Dan or Phil (whoever reads this first),
I will be in town. I couldn't take you guys yelling anymore. Just text me when you want me to come back.
Love,
Amanda

I ran down the steps with my phone and wallet in hand. Running out the door, I looked back and saw Dan and Phil still arguing. It took me a few minutes before I realized that there were tears streaming down my face. They always fight and end up sending me back. That's what always happens with families I get into.

My thoughts were interrupted by me running into someone. "Are you alright?" The voice asked. I could tell it was a boy. "No." I said. I buried my head in my hands and cried. "Did I really run into you that hard?" He asked. Oh no! He thought it was his fault. "N-no. It's my dad and uncle, they're fighting." I said, crying even harder.

"What happened?" He asked. I finally looked up and saw his face. He was cute. Really cute. He had ice blue eyes and black hair. His smile was kind and made me feel a peace. "It's a long story." I said. If I was going to tell him about Dan and Phil fighting, might as well tell him why it hurts me so much. "I've got plenty of time." He said.

A/N: Hello my people! Due to popular demand, here is chapter eight! If you like this story, please check out my romance story Depressed Love. It would mean a lot if you did! Stay happy not crappy :)