Catch Me If You Can

Damon’s POV

            I chuckled at how comfortable Elena seemed to be around me... here I was, with her slung over my shoulder practically blind and speechless with no idea of where we were going, or what I was going to do, and she was giggling. Elena, the girl who’s made it pretty clear up until now that “It will always be Stefan” is over my shoulder, and laughing. The world does some strange things, sometimes...

            I still was in shock from when she’d teased me – I would expect me to tease Elena with a trick like the hand on leg thing, but I would never have imagined Miss Gilbert would reciprocate the act! Never in a million years... I was so close to just flipping her over, there and then, with her hand so close to my crotch, and kissing her until she screamed my name – but she’d pulled away, left me hanging and wanting more. There was no way in hell Elena Gilbert was going to play me, Damon Salvatore, for a fool. Which is why, at this precise moment in time, I had Elena slung over my shoulder like a rag doll, until I decided what to do with her.

            I was just wandering aimlessly around the house, in and out of the assortment of rooms, all the while formulating a plan to get back at Miss Gilbert here... It needed to be good, and I needed to get her back really well – after all I am Damon Salvatore, and I don’t do things by half!

            I felt Elena shift on my shoulder and she murmured something into my hand. I moved my hand a bit so she could talk and before I knew it, her teeth had clamped down on my hand – hard, can I just say! I yelped in surprised, and withdrew my hand. Taking advantage of my reaction to her little nip, she jumped out of my grip and pegged it down one of the many corridors in the house... well, if that was how she wanted to play it...

            I could have chased after her using my Vampire speed, but that wouldn’t have been much fun – it’d have been over in seconds – so instead I let her run as fast as she could from room to room, trying to evade me, whilst I jogged comfortably behind her.

            At one point I lost her, and I cocked my ears using my excellent hearing to locate Elena’s heavy breathing and thumping heart... she was in my room, I could hear, and I strolled casually along the corridor thinking to myself, 2-1 to Elena, at this moment in time, but I was going to change that... I’d get her back for earlier, and her little escape plan just then. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw when I entered my room.

            Elena Gilbert, sprawled on my bed in a very seductive manner, I must say, with no top on. Repeat: Elena Gilbert, my brother’s girlfriend; topless. In. My. Bed. I took in the curves of her lean, tanned body, and the white lace bra with a bow in the middle, and a growl must have slipped my lips because she grinned... I strode forward to my bed confidently, taking my time to even out each step.

            “Sooo...” I started, still ogling at the half naked body in my bed, “To what do I owe this pleasure, Miss Gilbert?...” I trailed off, as quick as a flash she pulled her top back over her head and jumped off the springy mattress. She looked at me calmly, as if she hadn’t been half naked on my bed moments before, and flashed me a mischievous smile.

            “And what pleasure would that be, Mr Salvatore?” she simpered, her voice sickly sweet with victory. Damn her. 3-1 to Elena. This score needed evening out. Quickly. Before Elena could blink, I was by her side, my lips mere millimetres from hers.

            “This pleasure,” I murmured, as I brought my lips crashing down on hers. I had expected her to stand stock still, if not retaliate and push me away, but instead she responded with much enthusiasm, her lips merging with mine, and allowing my tongue to slip into her mouth massaging gentle circles around hers. Fireworks burst and my head throbbed as her hands wound themself into my hair, tugging gently at my head, drawing it closer to hers... and then it as quickly as it had started, the kiss was over, as Elena pushed me down onto my own bed. Damn this girl was good... she leant over me seductively, a smile playing her lips. Leaning down to kiss me again, I closed my eyes, ready for the burning to start once again. A second passed. No kiss. I opened my eyes to see Elena smirking at the doorway, leaning on the wooden frame, chuckling at the look of annoyance that crossed my face.

            “Damn you Elena Gilbert! 4-1 to you!” Elena smirked triumphantly, and I reluctantly sat up, drawing myself up onto the array of pillows that scattered the bed.

            “I think, Mr Salvatore, you’ll find its 5-1.” She chuckled, as I sat looking confused. She’d definitely only got one over me four times... hadn’t she? What did she mean five? I watched as she turned to walk down the hall way, and she raised a hand, waving her own black lace bra and thong in the air. Ah. Now I got it. That cheeky little minx had got me – again!

            She turned to face me, a grin stretched across her face like the Cheshire Cat, and as she did, I heard a rumble. She looked down at her stomach, and already, an idea was formulating in my mind.

            “Hungry?” I asked, “I could fix you something, if you’d like?” She nodded her approval...

            “I didn’t eat lunch – I was preoccupied,” a look of something I couldn’t quite work out flitted across her face, “So, Chef Salvatore, what’s cooking?”

            “I’m afraid I can’t tell you that, Miss Gilbert... secret family recipe, you see. For all I know, you could be a spy, trying to break the Salvatore reputation!” She gave me a look that said “You idiot” and I couldn’t help but grin along with her. As we made our way down to the kitchen in companionable silence, I began to think. I don’t know what it is about her, but Elena Gilbert lights up my world...