Respawn

Respawn feels like waking from a bad dream.

Headache

Nausea

And hate upon the world.
Then again that may just be me...
Waking from this 'dream' the first sight I caught was of Scout walking to the medicine cabinet, blood making a trail behind him towards a sharpened pocket knife. The blade was covered in blood, the stench radiating around the room.

Gonna have to clean that later.
Getting up I went to help Scout, use the medigun or something.

Scout always rejects my medigun offers because of reasons unknown.
If he gets hurt on the battlefield, he'll call for me. If it's in the respawn or his room, he brushes me off.

"Vat are you looking for?"

I decided upon a question that would not scare him but instead give me some insight as to what he's been doing to himself.

Scout paused before seemingly deciding upon his response.

"Oh ya know... The bandage on my hand seems ta not be in so gooda shape. So I was lookin for some new ones..." His voice got quiet and a flash of anger went through his eyes.

"Are you sure zat is vhy you are over here?" I asked, still prodding for an answer as to why there was so much blood, why he was hiding his hand, why he won't answer my questions truthfully.

A hint of panic showed in his eyes, not enough that you'd notice it if you just met the kid, but enough for someone who has known these boys for years to recognize.

Or maybe it was something only those who had seen panic and fear in every eye for years would notice.

"Ya pretty sore, why?" Looking straight at me his panic gone, replaced by determination. Probably determination to get him out of this situation no doubt.

I looked down to the blood and knife, hoping for him to take a hint. I may be a doctor, but this is what he grew up with, and doctors don't push limits.

Doctors do what the patients want.

Doctors do what the boss wants.

'Don't heal those pathetic scum!'
The voice in my head spoke. Block it out, I know Scout needs to be helped right now!

Scouts voice broke through the turmoil in my head.

"Are ya lookin at that trail a blood? Sorry bout that, but a spy got into respawn somehow, but the ever so amazing and handsome me took care o it!" The usual sound of excitement in his voice couldn't convince me otherwise though.

Spies cant get into respawn, Engie made sure of that, otherwise they could tinker with the respawn ability, ultimately causing our potential death.

"Vat ever you say..." I trailed off stepping back and exiting respawn, but standing behind a wall, still able to see in the spawn as Scout looked around. Feeling satisfied he sat down and pulled his hand out from hiding and I could clearly see a line across the back of his hand, about the size of the pocket knife. Just a simple cut, that was good.

Then he flipped his hand over.

The same cut in the same spot on his palm painfully clear.

He stabbed through his hand.

Another person I couldn't help.

Another voice telling me not to help.

I called Sniper over and told him to keep an eye on Scout.

Stop those that try and end Scout.

Sniper nodded, he was the only one besides me who picked up on the fact that Scout did these things to himself. All due to the fact of watching the spawn making sure no BLUs were spawn camping.

Scouts voice rang out somewhere behind me, "NOW WHO WANTS A PIECE O DIS!?"

Help those who need it.

Look for the injured.

Dont

Cause

More

Damage