Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: Hogsmeade

[Remus's POV]

"James! Sirius! Get your asses out of bed!" I yell, frusterated.

"Did Remus just say ass?" James mumbles into his pillow.

"I do beleive he did Prongs. Why are you using such vulgar language this early in the morning. No, more importantly, why are you waking me up at such an indecent hour?" Sirius groans.

"It's eight in the morning Sirius." I smile. Sirius? Morning? On a weekend? Joke. An uncommon happenstance. He could sleep through a war without hearing anything. He would probably yell and tell someone to turn the contraption off so he could 'get some damn sleep'. The very thought made me laugh.

"As I said, indecent hour. Too early. Wake me up in... When the sun hangs highest in the sky." Sirius mumbles, into his pillow. He yawns before returning to sleep.

"What do you need, Moony?" James yawns rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"I need you to help me, I don't know what to do with Marlene." I sigh.

"Moons, you reallly are clueless arent you?" James says, more awake now.

"No idea of what I am doing whatsoever."

"This is going to be a long hour." James starts, " I just want to go back to bed." I hear him whisper to himself.

~^One Hour, or so, Later^~

I walked down the stairs of the Boy's dormitories, into the Gryffindor Common room. I sat down on one of the scarlet couches, messing with my jeans, and losening my Gryffindor tie. I was minding my own businees, when I heard someone walking into the room. I turned to see none other than Marlene McKinnon.

Marlene smiled at me, her reddish-brown hair falling into her face. This suprised me, Marlene ususally had her hair up in a bun or ponytail, but today it hung down passing her collarbone in length. It was curled, into loose ringlets that framed her heart-shaped face, her big brown eyes framed by full lashes. She was beautiful in her own way. Her petite figure was wearing the usual Gryffindor robes, including the tie.

I smiled back at her, considering staring rude. I found that I could not help myself but to look every once and a while to see how she was.

"You're early, Remus." Marlene comments.

"Did you expect me to be late?" I asked, running a hand through my light brown hair.

"No, I actually expected you to be perfectly on time. Even if you had to stand in the doorway to be perfectly on time, to the second." She laughs.

Is it sad that I had actually considered that? To stand on the bottom stair of the Boy's dormitory until it was a few seconds before ten, then walk in perfectly on time? Sometimes I found myself wishing to be a normal guy. Being able to sleep all night, not trying to kill people on full moons, getting up at noon and walking down to the Common Room in pajamas with untidy hair, looking as if I had just rolled out of bed, because I had. Not caring about my grades, or not enough to actually study. To be able to talk freely about girls, and to be able to joke around as if I had not a care in the world, because I wouldn't.

Marlene and I walked out of the Common Room together.

"So, where are we going?" Marlene asks me.

"I want to take you to an italian resteraunt."  I reply.

"There are italian resteraunts in Hogsmeade?" She asks.

"I honestly have no clue." I laugh.

"Awesome."