Chapter One

A/N: this is my first Touken fic so please don't judge meh failure ;-;-;-;-;-; (actually this is my first fanfic ever (excluding some warrior cats thing I wrote three chapters of when I was like 8 but whatever xD)) But anyway, I hope you guys enjoy :3 feel free to critique this and make sure I didn't miss any grammar or spelling errors ;~;' Also I will try to update this frequently and if I don't give me a little nudge by spamming me with comments about continuing xD One more thing, this starts during episode 7 of tg root A. Now on to the story :3
(Oops I lied just one more thing xD)DISCLAIMER: Tokyo ghoul and its characters belong to Ishida.
Okay here we go.

Touka sat on her chair in her room trying to study but the previous events that just happened were distracting her. she restlessly tapped her pencil against her note book them put it down "Finally seeing him after so long, I start slugging him, and saying all those things," She thought, angry at herself "And just made it harder for him to come back didn't I?"

Touka leaned back in her chair and sighed. "Just study" she told herself mentally, picked her pencil back up and went back to working, although throughout her time studying she couldn't stop herself from thinking about Kaneki and what had just happened. The sight of him standing across from her on that bridge painted in her mind, her remorse for yelling at him to never come back and beating him up, she couldn't stay focused. She had secretly hoped that he would come back to Antieku but her anger at him for leaving in the first place took over when she started yelling at him. She did her best to push the thoughts out of her head and continue her life.

After a few hours of studying Touka decided she needed to get to sleep. She stood up from her chair and went to go change into her pajamas. Afterward she laid down in her bed and her mind started running once again. "What if Kaneki never comes back now because I said all that?" She thought. "No, I don't care. He left and clearly doesn't care about any of us anymore." She scowled at the thought of it her anger taking over again, but something in the back of her mind started to worry, "What if he gets killed out there? He's putting himself in a dangerous position. Along with the fact that I do admit I miss him." At this point she was restlessly tossing and turning in her bed trying to get her mind to just shut up and turn off so she could sleep, but it wouldn't.

"I really miss working here with him... I miss seeing him everyday. He was an idiot, but I miss that idiot. If something happened and he couldn't return then I don't even know..." Thoughts continued to buzz in her head, "If that was the last time I ever got to speak to him I don't think I'd be able to live with myself!" Touka shot up out of bed, suddenly she was completely energized. "I need to find him, make things right and if I possibly can I need to get him to come back." She said out loud to but to herself as she shoved her blanket aside and stepped out of bed.

Touka quickly threw on some clothes and she quietly opened her apartment door as to not wake her coworkers who also lived in the apartments on top of the Antieku building. The hinges creaked when she pushed it open then slowly closed it and started walking swiftly yet light on her feet. Touka rushed down the stairs, out of the employees only door, then forcefully pushed open the front door of Antieku that led outside. Touka stumbled out the coffee shop almost falling over from the sudden halt in speed because of the door but she quickly regained her balance. She stood outside for a few moments lost in thought again before she realized she had no idea where Kaneki could be at this point. She had known little about where Aogiri stayed, what ward they were even in at the moment, or if Kaneki was actually with them at the moment. Touka lightly punched herself in the head. "That was stupid," she mumbled as she slumped down and sat on the cement, "Running out here like I know what I'm doing or where I'm going."

She hugged her legs to her chest and rested her head on her knees, feeling stupid. "Why do I care so much? That idiot doesn't even deserve to come back. I should just go back inside and forget about it." Her mind flooded with thoughts. "No, if I'm out here I might as well look around. I guess there's not much harm in that."

Touka stood back up and slowly meandered toward the bridge where they had last met. She walked up the stairs and stood in the same spot she had been just a few hours ago. She knew it was more or less pointless but she called out for him anyway. "Ka.. Kaneki?" Touka's voice rang out through the area, but there was no response just like she expected, "Of course, I know he would've already left by now it HAS been hours after all, but I think here would be a good place to start looking."

Touka jumped onto a near by light post to get a birds eye view of the place. Even though no human could jump that high and being up there would indicate she was a ghoul she didn't care. All she cared about in that moment was finding Kaneki, besides everyone was probably asleep considering how late it was, so she wouldn't be seen. Touka looked around but couldn't see him then jumped to the roof of a close building. "Kaneki, where are you...?" She whispered sadly to herself.

She dashed from roof top to roof top expertly scanning the area while keeping a steady pace. After a bit of searching Touka slowed significantly. Shortly after, she came to a complete stop then sat down, dangling her legs over the edge of the building she let out a long sigh. "This is pointless I don't have the slightest idea where I'm going. Am I even close? Did I go by and not see him? ..Would he even care if I found him?" She started questioning things but that last one really seemed to effect her. "What am I even going to do, what will I say? What happens if he finally starts treating me like the monster I am and says he doesn't want to talk? What then..?"

Tears brimmed in Touka's eyes and threatened to spill over, but she refused to let herself cry over something so stupid. It wasn't like her, letting things get to her so easily, but for some reason this did. She wiped her eyes with her sleeve and stood up abruptly just as she started to walk away she spotted something. White hair. Although not many people had white hair it still could've been anyone else, but Touka could tell even from afar it was Kaneki. Her instincts told her to instantly jump down and punch him again but she held back. She stood there momentarily watching him, he seemed to be walking at a rather slow pace with his shoulders slumped down and she could only sense one thing, sadness. It seemed to radiate off of Kaneki ever since he had been kidnapped and tortured by Yamori. Touka had more or less always felt bad for him, while he was annoying a lot of the time, so much had happened that he didn't deserve. However she was never one to show it, Touka always had a hard time being kind to people and Kaneki was no exception, she almost regretted being so harsh to him, almost.

After what seemed like standing around on the roof top for an eternity Touka finally leapt off and landed softy on the ground a few yards behind Kaneki. He heard her land behind him and turned around, ready to defend himself from whoever it was. He immediately dropped his guard when he saw Touka standing before him. "Touka..." He said in a somewhat grim voice, "What are you doing here?"