Prologue

Hey guys! Sorry about the disappearance. I wanted to edit through all the chapters I've already written because I didn't like the way the story was turning out. So I'm gradually editing all the written chapters. When I update with the edited chapters, they'll say so. Once again thanks for reading and enjoy!!!

And please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! It would mean the world to me if you did! :)

______________________________________________________________________________

This was bliss. At least for me. I looked at the beautiful lake with the rippling water as the sun reflected off of it, casting a glow everywhere.

I could distinctly hear birds chirping, and there was a sweet, fresh smell in the air. There were wildflowers all around me in colors from white to purple.

I smiled at this picture of natural beauty all around me. My gaze drifted from the lake and the life surrounding it to the trees all around me. Even they looked like something out of a nature magazine.

This whole place just looked way too beautiful to be real. The minute I thought this, I shook my head. Something wasn't right. Just something-or someone-was missing. The second I thought that, a blonde haired guy burst through the trees.

He looked around frantically as if he was searching for someone. As I stared at him, I felt like this was who I was waiting for.

He kept on looking around until his gaze landed on me, sitting midst the beautiful flowers. The second his piercing blue eyes met mine, his whole face softened and brightened. It was almost as if he was feeling the same way I was.

He smiled wide and I couldn't help but smile back as I stood up. My cheeks flushed and I realized all along that he was the one to make me belong. He made everything feel right, and I loved this feeling.

My heart started to beat faster as he walked towards me until he was only a few inches away, all while smiling tenderly. He was suddenly so close to me his chest was touching mine and I could feel him breathing.

"I missed you Sel," he said his voice husky, as he reached up and caressed my cheek with his fingers. I leaned into his caress, cherishing the tender moment.

He then reached up and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. His head seemed to be getting closer and closer to mine.

I leaned in closing my eyes finally feeling content. He was so close to me I could feel his intoxicating breath on my lips. His lips got closer and I held my breath, excited to finally feel his lips on mine...

And the scene changed. I was now reliving a memory. I saw a miniature version of myself walking into my kindergarten classroom while nervously tugging at my new dress. I had thrown the best tantrum I could, but my mother had forced me into the flowery dress.

My 5 year old self looked around with fear, afraid of remaining friendless. I noticed all the other kids laughing and playing and just interacting while I stood there and watched.

Maybe he noticed my fear or he took pity on me standing alone, but a little boy with blonde hair and striking blue eyes approached me. I cautiously watched his approach, waiting for him to make the first move.

Instead of saying anything he merely took me by the hand with a kind smile. I remembered thinking that I wouldn't be so alone after all, and that I actually made a new friend. To this day I remember how all the fear disappeared when he took my hand. Little did I know that this was the boy who would gradually become my best friend, and later on the love of my life.

Little did I know how cliche my story would become, and how desperate I would become for this guy's attention. Little did I know how things would change, and never go back to the way they once were. What I did know though, was that no matter what happened, things would never be the same again.