Trying to ignore Heat

"The Rogue army is moving south, towards Jared's territory. We could stop the attack by gathering our forces in Derek's land, where they are planning another battle.

We will have the element of surprise, and if we join forces, we will have over 3,000," the man instructed from the head of the long table.

I watched, trying to pay attention to all he had to say, but the words were starting to melt together. I glanced over at Derek, watching him intently.

He was much more interesting than the 30 year old Beta talking about the battle strategy. His brown hair was swept to the side, and was getting rather long.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that at one point, but I kind of liked it longer. His blue green eyes were slightly slitted, in concentration and he would nod slightly every once in awhile.

I licked my lips. God, he looked so sexy, sitting there all focused.

Avery, his voice played in my mind.

I smiled. Our mind link.

Yes?

Stop looking at me like that or I'll have to do something about it.

Doesn't sound too bad of an idea to me. I saw him tense. God, he's so cute when I tease him.

Avery, he growled.

I smothered a giggle, then suddenly, heat burst throughout my stomach. I gasped, eyes wide. Derek looked at me, curiously.

I clutched my stomach, intense pain spreading across my body. I let out a whimper as I curled in on myself.

"Ave, whats wrong?" Derek asked, sounding frantic.

"F-fire!" I yelled out in pain.

Then, it was like every unmated male in the room was gazing at me lustfully. I cringed into Derek.

"D-Der, it hurts," I whimpered.

It's like he snapped out of his lusting haze and growled. Everyone in the room snapped their attention away, and Derek picked me up.

We sprinted from the room, every heavy step he took made pain shoot across my body. I cried out, and Derek held me tighter.

"Derek, what's happening?" I asked.

"You're in heat," he said darkly.
.....

I'm now resting in a freezing cold bath, but still this only helps slightly.

Derek said that we'd have to have sex again for me to feel relief for the next 24 hours, but I know that he doesn't have time to "satisfy my needs" right now, so I told him to forget it.

He went back to the meeting and I stayed here, soaking in an icy bath. I sighed, frustrated. Geez, this is the worst time for this to happen EVER.

Heat can start at any time after you mate, a day after or a year. It doesn't matter. It's a way for Fate to get you preggers while your eggs are fresh.

I sunk deeper into the water and closed my eyes, wishing the pain away. This is going to be a long week.
.....

By the time Derek came back, the pain had subsided enough for me to crawl out of the bath tub and to lay only in my underwear on the bed.

I had ripped all the sheets off and now I am kind of sprawled on the bare mattress, still a little wet.

"You feeling better?" He asked, looking a bit flustered.

"A little," I grumbled, then glanced over at him, standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"Is the meeting over?"

"Yeah, I'm free for the rest of the day," he reassured.

I smiled.

"Good. Get over here and make me feel better," I demanded.

A sexy grin broke out across his face. He raced over and jumped on the bed. I squealed and giggled as he started kissing me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, arching into him, awaiting the promise of relief.

As soon as he starting kissing my mark, I was gone.
________________________

Sorry it's so short, I just wanted to update for you guys. 😁