Chapter 4

A soft ringing entered my ears. It started a slow bravato before it gradually got louder. A sharp rang then pierced my ears as my eyes shot open. My sleep swollen eyes slowly glanced over to my dresser beside me. My alarm clock was restlessly ringing, the time 7:30 vividly flashing red.

I rolled over onto my back covering my ears with the sides of my pillow, hoping to avoid the harsh ringing only for the light that seeped through my blinds to sting my eyes. I grumpily threw my left hand onto my clock, clicking an array of buttons until it finally shut off. I rolled back onto my stomach in hopes to fall asleep again block it all out.  As I laid in bed, I realized,

Wait, 7:30?

School started at 7:45.

Crap

I lied there, dreading to leave the comfort of my bed. With the force of a thousands suns, I pulled myself out of my bed  and stretch walked to my closet. 

OK Katie what are we working with today, I say jeans? Of course and the same Ohio state sweatshirt I wear 4x a week? Yes! 

I quickly got dressed and brushed out my hair. 

Ok hair tie hair tie hair tie where is my freaking hair tie! I angrily rummaged around my dresser top looking for one of my randomly scattered black hair ties. Finding one behind an empty perfume bottle, I plucked it and bent over, my hair almost touching the tops of my shoes, and I quickly tied it up. I straightened my back and walked over to my mirror while tightening my pony tail. My white shoes sat next to the mirror and slid them on while checking myself out.

You know for someone who just woke up, not bad Katie not bad.

With a final look, I threw myself a peace sign in the mirror and walked out my door. I quickly made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. I opened my fridge, my foot anxiously tapping as I looked for something I could possibly eat. 

Hmm, strawberry yogurt or blueberry?Well, I could take both, but then you know I wouldn't have any for tomorrow so strawberry it is

I grabbed the strawberry yogurt sitting in the back of the fridge and plucked the water bottle that was next to it. As I closed the fridge doors, I heard the squeak of the tabletop chair being sat on.I turned around to see Terra. Her long legs were covered in dark blue skinny jeans and she wore a flowy white shirt.  She was slowly tapping her short leather boots against the base of the counter and was in the process of wrapping and unwrapping the front pieces of her highlighted brown hair around her finger.

I set my lunch on the counter and bent down to the cabinet that lie under the counter. In the cabinet lay my personal haven, it was my granola stash. The cabinet contained a thin tray that covered the entire bottom of the 3 foot cabinet. It lay home to my 120 granola bars that ranged from blueberry honey to my absolute favorite, pomegranate dark chocolate. It was a Christmas gift from my dad last year, I started out with 300 but I've been trying not to go too crazy on it.

As I grabbed two random granola bars I asked Terra, " So, what are you doing here?". I stood up and put them in my lunch box.

Her eyes , as usual, stuck to her phone as she replied in a  bored and condescending tone " Well, we ARE moving in today so here I am ." She flashed me a fake smile through her pink sunglasses and quickly averted her eyes back to her phone.

Feeling the annoyance rise in my chest, I closed my eyes took a deep breath. " OK, well are you going to school?"

" Yeah, I was going to wake you up but I didn't feel like it. "