Chapter ~22~

Third Person point of view

Arriving in Europe Aurora found much to her pleasure that Claudia's search has so far gone unfulfilled. Claudia decided to spend money on a luxurious carriage that took them into the countryside in the passing small villages that lined the coast there was talk of vampires and there were also superstitions surrounding the legends that could somehow let a mortal detect one of their kind. Garlic and holy objects were the most common that they heard of, yet they never came upon any one of their own kind. The superstitions proved futile to Aurora, Louis and Claudia but, they were still weary on their travel. Claudia was indeed Lestat's daughter for even though she learned the value of money from Louis and Aurora she used it like Lestat.

She lavished coats of fine fur onto her other companions whom seemed to dislike them all the same, Aurora wore a coat of purple velvet that was lined with black fur around the hood and the ends of the sleeve. It was a truly beautiful coat and Aurora thanked her sister for the gift, the alibi for their little family is that Claudia is Louis's biological daughter and that Aurora is his adopted daughter. This lie worked well in Europe, Aurora made sure to conceal their scent by cast the Spell of Cover. She made sure to practice often while they traveled she took note that the longer she went without releasing her power the more easily agitated she became.

Louis made sure that both of his daughters had everything that they could possibly ever want and need. Claudia took this with open arms while Aurora only took what she needed. It was a tense ride to the remote village , the native language was Slavic. Which neither Louis of Aurora were fluent in, sometimes they were lucky to meet someone whom spoke a little German and French. The village was dark and lonely a feeling that loomed over Aurora ever since Lestat left her.Arriving a farmhouse that seemed to be used as a boarding house of some sort, Aurora held Claudia in her arms making sure to strengthening the spell that she casted.

"Put your hood up." Claudia said to them Louis reached over and pulled on Auroras hood she nodded in thanks. The villagers were closing shutters which was something Aurora found very common in small little villages ; mortals afraid of the approaching night as if a spirit of some sort of malevolent force would sweep into their room snatching away their spirit.

Louis knocked on the door and Aurora stood firmly, "They're coming."

Aurora's point of view

A woman with black hair and bloodshot eyes answered the door a rosary was wrapped in her fist. I looked past her and into the low beamed room a few other people were sitting there and looked at us expect a young man with red hair he must be a foreigner like ourselves. His aura glew a grey color he was hunched over the table in which he sat as if he were drunk.

"Aurora the garlic and the crucifix above the door." She whispered in my ear. I looked at the thing the body of christ was painted bronze and garlic was wrapped around it, fresh and old cloves. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Louis came back to my side from put away the horses , as we walked further into the the room none offered us any thing of anywhere to sit. I held Claudia on my hip as I surveyed the room a smell hit my nose that caused me to wrinkle it in alarm. The smell of death came from a door across the room, this smell was not something that one could mistaken. For it was a smell that we were all too familiar with. The woman went to a table and looked at Louis in her hands she held a cup and two bowls.

"Here's some wine for you and some broth for your children." I could understand her words by reading her thoughts. She placed the items on the table once again my need to roll my eyes came,we can not digest mortal food and drink. Yet there she is offering it to us but, I must remember to them we are mortal to them we are a trio of travelers from a distant country. We took our seats at the table I cat Claudia on my knee holding her close to my chest.