{Chapter 6}

Anyo!( For my Korean friends, love your bulgogi ^_^).

Soo how'd you guys like the party?? Were you hoping something more would happen? I know I was but I didn't think it was time to write that, hehe. Anyways comment thoughts and vote please! Have fun reading :)

Enjoy lovelies!
*************************************

     Carla's legs bobbed up and down nervously in the car. Sam had received a call from her mother informing her to send Carla straight home. Sam said that she'd sounded worried but Carla wasn't fooled. She glanced at the clock above the dashboard. The time read 11:30. She'd only been at the party for about four and a half hours as it'd started at seven, right when the sun set. Her mother was usually on the night shift and didn't get home till 2:00am. 

     What is she doing home so early? Carla thought. 

     Dread began to fill her stomach like lead and made her entire body fill heavy. All too soon she pulled into the driveway next to her house. Carla turned off the ignition and sat in the car. Her dark house loomed ominously in front of her and fear began to settle in her chest, causing her heart to beat fast. Taking a deep breath she unbuckled herself and opened the car door, closing it quietly behind her.

     She walked up the long driveway and across the brick pathway that split her yard in two up to the front door. Glancing nervously around as if she was afraid her neighbors were watching she quickly opened the door, darted in and shut it behind her. She didn't even have time to lock the door before the first blow came.

     A long flat object collided repeatedly with her head until it had successfully beat her to the floor. Looking up at the gray object Carla realized it was a cookie pan. Her mother was standing over her practically smoking. The anger radiated off of her almost as strong as the smell of liquor. She was drunk again. 

     "Where have you been?" she shrieked. Carla flinched at the sharp noise and received a kick to the side, right underneath the ribcage that knocked the air from her lungs. Her eyes stared at the ground, already watering.

     "At a party," she squeaked out. There was no point in lying as her mother already heard from Sam. Her mother crouched down in front of her glaring, her eyes slightly unfocused and her balance questionable.

     "And who gave you permission to go to this party huh? Who?" She flicked and smacked Carla's face around.

     "No one," Carla breathed out shakily as her head was smacked from side to side. Her mother then grabbed a fistful of Carla's hair before dragging her down the main hallway towards the kitchen in the back of the house. There was a small tub of water on the floor and some kind of circuit next to it. Carla's eyes widened in fear. Her mother tossed her into the tub and she stumbled, slashing around in the shallow water.

     "How dare you have the audacity to go to some hoodlums party in the woods looking like some back alley prostitute! Do you know who I am? What if my colleagues heard about this? What if someone they knew or their child recognized you? Do you know how embarrassing that would be for me?" Her mother got deathly quiet and it only served to scare Carla more.

     "I'm sorry mother," she said quietly. Tears were right on the edges of her eyes, ready to fall at any moment. Her mother walked over to the circuit and fiddled with something before placing one end into the water and lifting a black box with a small switch on it. 

     "This will teach you to be so insolent," she sneered out before flipping the switch and turning the circuit on. A light sparked from the end that was in the water and not a moment later an electric shock filled Carla's body. She felt like she was being fried from the inside out and she screamed at the burning pain. After an eternity it was over and she fell to her side shaking and shuddering.