Chapter 1.

"Brittni!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. I groan and cover my head with my blankets. "Now!"

"Oh for the love of god!" I shout, throwing the sheets off of me. I stalk off to the bathroom, walking through the hallway, my feet dragging against the carpet.

"Brittni!"

"I'm up!" I shout back. God, is she annoying or what?

I take a quick shower and change into a floral, sun dress that goes to mid thigh and flares out. It has spaghetti straps and a sweetheart neckline, so I throw on light pink cardigan that matches with the pink, red, and blue flowers on the dress.

First day of school, gotta look nice, am I right?

"Brittni, Nathan's here to pick you up," my mom tells me once I get to the bottom of the stairs. "You look pretty today."

"Thanks, mom, see you later." I kiss her on the cheek and head to the door.

"Have a good first day of school!" My mom calls after me. I wave her off and walk through the door to Nathan's Chevy S10 pickup.

"Hey," he greets, giving me a quick peck on the lips as I sit in the passenger seat.

Nathan and I met during the summer, June tenth to be exact, and he's a really nice guy. He treats me better than any of my boyfriends have ever treated me and that's a huge plus.

Nathan is a year older than me, a junior, while I'm a sophomore. I'll be turning sixteen in November, though. So, technically, were only like three months apart.

The car ride is silent the rest of the way, the only thing that happens is Nathan putting his hand on my thigh.

Pulling into the school, I internally groan at having to go back to the hell hole. The worst part is that I'm still here for another three years, including this one.

"Come on, Brit, just watch, the school year will be over before you know it," Nathan assures me, squeezing my thigh before getting out of the car. Taking a deep breath I follow suit and walk up next to him.

"I hope your right," I mumble, he chuckles and swings his arm over my shoulders. We walk to a tree and stand under it, waiting for Nikki and Jackson to arrive.

Nikki has been my best friend since I can remember. She's always been there, every time I would get in a break up, or get sick, she was always there. I don't know what I would do without her.

Nikki has light brown hair and big brown eyes, she's very slender and has freckles that cover her cheekbones and nose. She's a very pretty girl, she could get any guy she wants. The thing is, her older brother, Jackson, is very protective of her. He's practically been her dad since her parents are never around.

Anyways, Jackson doesn't let her date, so when she does it has to be kept on the down low and made sure that no one will tell him.

Soon enough, I watch as Jackson's truck pulls into the school parking lot.

I watch him get out, looking like a Greek God in himself, his brown hair blows in the wind, and his shirt pulls against his muscles.

He's hot, I'll give him that, but he's also an extreme player, that's something I can't stand. I'm lucky to have Nathan, he'd never cheat on me.

"Hey girlie," I greet her when she walks up to me. I notice that Jackson is glaring daggers at some guy and as if he senses my eyes on him, his gaze catches mine. We stare at each other for a second before I look away.