Part 7

Aspect had never liked big groups of people. What she liked less was sitting still, being pretty and proper just to be stared at by boys. Legolas had just gone to find something to drink, and left Aspect all alone with a bunch of old 'friends'.

"So," one of the girls started, looking at Aspect. She had long, light hair falling down her shoulders and over her brown dress. "Legolas landed on you, after you left him several times?" She stared envious and angry at Aspect. Aspect had never learned the girl's name, though they grew up together.

"You are not even an elf, what a shame," another girl said. Aspect just looked at them both. Never learned their names, no need to do that for now.

"What do you mean he has 'landed'? It is not like we are engaged - or even together," Aspect shoot back.

"So the rumors are not true?," the light-haired girl asked.

"What rumors?," Aspect answered, looking suspicious at her.

"King Thranduil has decided a wife for his son," the girl said, looking at Aspect with discontent. Aspect didn't answer, she just looked unknowledgeable back at her. "You, stupid. You should be happy. This whole party is only made for you, for that whole occasion."

"What? No. Me and Legolas are not even together. There is no way he will do what his father apparently said," Aspect said back, with a small snort. The two girls lit up and looked at each other.

"So you are saying," said the light-haired girl. "That Legolas are for anyone to take?" She gave Aspect a superiorly smile when Aspect didn't have the chance to answer, as Legolas came and sat down besides her again.

"Here is your drink, Aspect," Legolas said, smiling to her before putting down a cup of wine in front of her. "So what were you ladies talking about?" Legolas was in a good mood, swaying his head back and forth, looking at them.

Aspect opened her mouth, ready to answer, but the light-haired girl broke her off. "Oh not much, just talked a little about boys, right Aspect?," the girl said, giving Aspect a fake smile. "And how you are the most handsome of them all here, and how we would like to have a dance." As the girl spoke, she reached over the table and stroke Legolas' arm. Legolas got put out, and just looked at his arm.

"I... I do not feel like dancing right now," Legolas stuttered, looking back and forth between his arm and Aspect. Aspect was defeated. She meant what she had said to the girl, but why did this make her angry?

"Oh, you are so strong," the girl said, smiling, as she took a tight grip around Legolas' biceps. "Come on, Legolas, just one dance. Only you and me, close together in rhythm with the music." The girl sounded as flattering as she could. Aspect couldn't even look at them. She took a tight grip around her cup, before she took a sip. It tasted horrible, but still she took one more.

"It cannot hurt, can it? Only one dance," Legolas said, now only looking at the girl's hand on his arm. "Just let me finish my wine." Aspect chugged the rest of her drink.

"Great!," the girl said happy with a fake laughter, casting a glare at Aspect. I won. Aspect suddenly stood up before she grabbed Legolas' cup. Without warning, she threw the wine in the girl's face. It colored the surprised face, with the light hair, blood red.

"I am going to get more wine," Aspect said, holding her tears back. She turned around and marched through the group of people dancing. Before she knew it, she was running.

"Aspect!," she heard behind her, but she didn't stop before she barely could hear the music.

Aspect stopped and looked around her. She was in the middle of the forest. It was a slight breeze, making the air cold. "Aspect, wait!," she heard Legolas yell. She saw him coming towards her, knowing there was no reason to run. "Aspect! What is the matter?," Legolas asked when he came up to her. Aspect just looked at him. What was she going to say? There was no good reason to what she had done; so she said it as it was.