Adiantum

Chapter 19: Adiantum

"There are some things we should talk about dad," I replied as I stiffened my back straight.

"What do we need to talk about?," He replied.

I couldn't help but acknowledge that this was not going to end well. If Elias taught me right at situations like this it should go fine. But I had the feeling it wouldn't all that well. Elias came in as he stared at me in the face. He was still pissed off for me leaving him.

"Where the hell were you Elias?. You were gone for hours," I explained.

"I know. I needed a break. Also I do have work," He jolted back.

"Okay but you dad I'm not finished. And I'm going to say it like it is. You cannot keep arguing at me and mom. I'm sick and tired of it and you can't keep arguing over little situations. I want you to be settle with me and mom. Can you please show just a little more respect around the house. And stop going after the drugs down in Marblemount. I already caught you twice. You promised me." I explained at him.

He got up off the couch to stand up.

"I'm sorry hun.. I'll try better," He gazes towards mom. Then Elias.

Thankfully Elias was here or he may have stormed up a mess. I whispered my way over to Elias and walked over by him to give him a hug. He let go to look at me in the eyes.

"Are you okay?," He asked.

"I guess so." I replied back.

"I'm going with mom down to Marblemount. Do you want to come Eli?," I asked hesitantly.

"No I'll be fine. You get some time with your mom. I have to work on a few things." He replied.

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"And I have to speak to you later. So don't go anywhere for awhile. Or be back by tonight," I explained.

He gazed his long stare at me and so did I back. He stared back as if he was in trouble or something. Or as if he was preparing for the worse. I turned around to walk out with my mother. The rain started to stop and it was just starting to clear up.

"Did you want to talk to me Kaylen?" My mother asked.

"Haha nah your good. Just been a stressful past couple of weeks," I explained as we got into the car.

My mother laughed as she tripped he way over to the her side of the car.

"You know. If there is anything and I mean anything. I'm always here if you need me sweetheart." She grinned as we got in the car.

I thought about that on the drive down. If there was something I need and I knew there was. But it was just something I wasn't able to talk about. I knew that I had to finish up college next semester I was eighteen and needed a job. Then I had to move out. But I wasn't sure where I would. Maybe I would move in with Elias. No I can't move in with him?. It wouldn't work out besides he's like six years older than me.

"Okay. well I do need to talk about college." I laughed out.

"Yes we do," My mother laughed back.

"I'm just not sure about where I will go after it. I could go back to Arizona or live here. I don't want to leave you with dad alone if it's not what you want." I explained.

"Sweetheart me and your dad are just fine. Josh is thinking about heading over to Montana with Mackenzie."

"Who's Mackenzie?. I didn't realize he was leaving. When is he planning?" I asked.