Chapter 3: The Criminal's map

Jason's POV

I glanced over Annabeth's shoulder, the map in her hands. It looked old, the once white paper now yellow, it showed the map of the world. There were little red dots in some countries.

"The red dots? Do they present a criminal?" Annabeth asked.

"Yes." Zeus nodded. "But the island were looking for is in the Atlantic Ocean, right there in the middle, of course it doesn't exist on a mortals map, but very Ancient Greek map has it."

Piper shivered, "that's a lot of red dots. When do we set off?"

"Tomorrow morning." Zeus said. "By then you would be fully immortal."

Leo started jumping up and down, "do we have more powers when we become immortal?"

"Of course not!" Ares roared, he looked at the countenance of the rest of the Olympians, "right?"

"Nope." Athena said, "but they'll be more powerful, they'll need it."

"Okay." Annabeth said, "we have to go back to camp, we'll figure out a way to get to the island." We turned to leave but Poseidon stopped us.

"You'll stay in my place tonight, and in the morning I'll give you one of my ships."

"Lord Poseidon." Leo started, "I would like to remind you, we can't breathe underwater!"

"You'll be immortal right?" Poseidon said, "you'll be able to breathe."

"When will we become Immortal?"

"Right now Leo." Zeus said. "Stand in a line next to each other."

We nervously glanced at each other. Once we stood Zeus snapped his fingers and the world around us faded.

~~~~~~

My eyes fluttered open to find a clown fish staring at me. "Ahh!" I jumped out of the bed but I didn't hit the floor instead I floated, it took me a minute to figure it out that I was under water. "What the-"

Poseidon walked into the room Annabeth and the rest following behind her.
"What- what- what's going on?"

Piper sat on the edge of the bed next to me. She kissed my cheek. "Well we're immortal now, we can breathe underwater."

"It feels normal." I said.
"Of course it does. What do you expect to feel like? Superman?" Poseidon joked. But his eyes didn't show any laughter or happiness. I knew why. His only son, his pride and joy, the hero of Olympus, is now the enemy of Olympus. I didn't know how he felt like. But I could tell it was a horrible feeling, losing someone you love.

And worse, Annabeth. She never spoke of Percy after the incident, but I could tell she's broken inside. Annabeth Chase is broken

And how I felt about it? I didn't know. Half of me believe Percy the other half doesn't, my mind and heart fighting each other. They always say listen to your heart. But at this moment I don't know what my heart thinks. I don't want to hurt Percy, not like I can. He's powerful, in a good way. Now? I'm not so sure about it.

"How many hours did I sleep?" I said breaking everyone's deep thoughts.

"Three hours." Annabeth said.

"Is there anyway to know how Percy is like now?" Piper asked.

Poseidon shook his head but not in denial but in pain. "Percy?"

"Yes." I said, "what's wrong?"

"Percy's the leader. Their king."

Like a knife slicing through my heart. That's how I felt when the words rang in my head.
Silence fell over the underwater room like the invisible mist.