0.01 School Sucks

"Sometimes you break your heart in the right way."

"You can not seriously ignore me for the rest of our lives." The young beta tells his sister who had still refused to speak to him after finding out about his werewolf side.

"I am not ignoring you Liam. I just don't have anything to say to you right now." Aden told her not so little brother as they walked out to get into her car.

"Well why not?" Liam continued to press his sister for the real reason to why she didn't treat him like she always had.

The truth was that Aden was scared. Not in the way that she was afraid that her brother would hurt her physically, it was much more than that. The fact that her younger brother was a werewolf, something that she had believed only existed in fairy tails up until a few weeks ago. She felt as if her entire life was thrown upside down and that there was absolutely nothing she could do to stop it. She didn't understand it and that terrified her most of all. She wanted to be able to sit down with her brother and give him the opportunity to explain to her every single thing that she didn't understand but she had felt so betrayed by Liam that she wouldn't allow him even the chance to help her understand it. 

She was stubborn in more ways than one, and that was a fault that she would live with for the rest of her life.

"Just shut up." Aden snapped as she turned the radio on full blast and headed down the road to her new school.

If it wasn't bad enough that she had to transfer schools because of Liam's disorder, she had to transfer to a school where the whole campus was crawling with supernatural creatures.

The siblings mother thought that it would be best to pull Aden out of Devonford Prep this year since Liam had been attending Beacon Hills High, that it would be best for Aden to also attend. Something or another was always mumbled about gas prices going up and how Aden could just drive her and her brother to the same place in the mornings. Aden thought it was the stupidest thing that her mother had ever spoken but that didn't matter because her mind was made up. Aden would be attending Beacon Hills High School along side her brother.

A five minute drive from their house to the school seemed like an eternity with all of the tension that was swarming around in her car. But to her relief she finally pulls up into the school parking lot. Aden quickly cuts her car off and grabs her bag before attempting to bolt towards the office doors.

"Do you want me to show you to your classes?" Liam shouts at his stubborn sister only to be ignored. He wondered if she really could stay this mad at him forever, he really hoped that she couldn't. He missed her. 

Aden wanted nothing to do with her brother after his betrayal but if she had only realized that he would be the only one that would always have her best interest at heart.

She roamed the hallways of Beacon Hills High School until she found the door numbered '128'. She was proud of herself for finding her first class of the day without any help, even if she was a little late. 

"Miss...?" The Biology teacher questions Aden as she walks through the door.

"Dunbar." Aden answers quickly as she continues to stand at the front of the classroom. She knew that she looked lost or as some would say she looked like a deer in headlights. And that is exactly how she felt. She did not belong here and she did not want to be here either. Part of her thought about jumping out of the window just to get out of this anxiety attack waiting to happen but the more reasonable part of her deiced to just walk out of the classroom door. She could hear the AP Biology teacher calling her name but she didn't dare look back. 

She wasn't ready for this and not being on good terms with Liam just made it that much worse. Aden had no one and had truly never felt so alone in her entire life. 

Aden quickly walked out of the school with her thoughts repeating to her every single negative thing that anyone or even herself had said to her throughout her life. She sat down on the empty stairs that led up into the school. She wasn't aware of what time it was until she heard the bell ring loudly throughout the school. 

Aden hastily got up and began walking away from where all of the students were coming out of the school until she heard something that caught her attention. 

"Hey! Hey, girl in the pink dress! Wait up!" Aden turned around to have her eyes meet a mysterious boy in a grey T-shirt. "Umm... Well I should probably introduce myself, I guess that would make me sound less creepy since I am just yelling at some girl I don't really know. Anyways I'm Theo, and you are?"  

"Aden." She answers shortly, still very confused to why this random boy literally just chased her down. 

"Mrs. Bavon wanted me to give you this." He handed Aden a syllabus to her AP Biology class that she had just ditched on the very first day of school. 

"Thank you." Aden takes the paper from the nice boys hands and turns back to walking towards her car in the school parking lot. 

As she sat silently inside of her car she heard the faint sound of buzzing and reached down to grab her cell phone to see a text message from Liam.

Hope your first day is good, love you

Aden rolled her eyes at the text message before sticking her key into the ignition of the car. A knocking sound startled her as she looked up to see where the sound was coming from. The weird boy that she had just spoken to a few minutes ago was now knocking on her car window. She rolled down her window half way before speaking "Can I help you?"

"Umm... I actually forget to tell you that there is a placement test tomorrow to determine whether or not you stay in AP Bio." The strange boy who Aden quickly remembered his name is Theo. "You ran all the way out into the parking lot just to tell me that?" Aden questions. "Well, yeah. and you dropped this." Theo said while holding up Aden's most priceless possession. Her necklace. She had been so upset earlier with her thoughts running in every direction that she hadn't even noticed that is was gone.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I can't imagine what I would have done if I had lost it forever. Thank you." Aden was sincerely grateful to Theo for returning her necklace to her. 

"No worries." Theo spoke as he began walking away from Aden's car. 

"Wait!" She shouts as she gets out of her car to walk towards Theo. "I know that you don't know me and I don't know you, but would you maybe want to go do something?" Aden asked the cute boy standing in front of her. "Never mind... It was stupid of me to ask, you are probably a good student who actually attends classes on the first day unlike myself." 

"Actually I'm kind of over the day now." Theo smirked.

Something about this boy confused Aden, she couldn't exactly put her finger on it but she swore that for a spit second she saw something sinister on the boys face.

But she liked it.