1. The Best Birthday Present

"Dude, if you wanna see her tonight then I would suggest that you don't try and kill us." Sam looked over at his brother as Dean raced down the road with blood covering his hands.

Dean glanced back at his brother, "We just spent the past 2 days hunting a shapeshifter and now I am covered in blood. I wanted to be home yesterday so I had time to get her place ready."

Sam grinned over at his brother, "3 years and you are with the only person in the world that confuses me."

Dean glared back at his brother.

"Abby is amazing and funny and then there is you. You are a hunter and half the time we never know if we are coming home but you for some reason have a life outside of this business."

"It was not like I caught her Sam. We kinda just found each other."

"You were about to be arrested for a bar fight and she saved your ass. She took you back to her hotel room and fixed you up before you came back to me."

Dean shook his head, "Leave it alone Sam."

Sam laughed back at his brother, "I have never seen you like this. I have never seen you so into a girl before."

Dean looked over at his brother as they came to a red light, "Listen ok Abby is just someone special."

Sam leaned back into the seat, "You would not ask her would you?"

Dean looked back at the light, "Like I said, leave it alone."

Sam smiled at his brother, "I would not mind some little nieces and nephews running around. I think it would be fun to have the Winchester line carry on."

Dean shook his head as he got closer to the bunker, "Please shut up."

Sam laughed back at his brother as the Impala turned onto the gravel on two wheels.

I looked up as my phone went off again as my mother had texted me saying Happy Birthday and to make sure that I get home safe. I looked down at my coffee table as pizza sat opened with beer next to it.

"It is your birthday and we are sitting here watching Netflix."

I glanced up as my friend, Jennifer, sat down next to me on the couch. "I told you earlier that I wanted to stay in tonight and just have a calm birthday."

Jennifer rolled her eyes back at me, "We should be out at a club. We should be getting wasted. You should be having drunk sex with some random guy. I mean come on its your day!"

I laughed back at her, "I have a guy."

Jennifer glared at me, "This mystery guy you talk about all the time but never shows up to things....you know that he missed that party last week to celebrate your promotion at work...I mean you are the head Pediatrician at Central and he was MIA."

"He had work."

"For a dude that works all the time, he should be calling and texting you nonstop."

"He is working, he can't do that kinda stuff." I said back to her.

"I hope the sex is good for you to be this attached to a person that is never around."

"Don't worry about my sex life." I said back to her with a glare.

She laughed back at me as someone knocked at the door, "Please tell me you got a stripper for the night or something better than this."

I shook my head as I went over to the door and unlocked it.