Capitulo Veintiséis

They told him that he should start dating again, but Kelvin doesn't like the idea of going on blind dates or being set up with some random girl. He believes that fate led him to Celine and only fate could get him to another path, that leads to a different girl, with whom he will have the same feelings. And so, he just let things happen...

Although Jace has already made it clear that he will not make a move on MJ, he still has no plans of pursuing her. He'll just let his friend come to terms with his feelings. Naiintindihan naman niya kung bakit in denial ito.

Baka nga naman, wala ring mangyari kung magsasabi ito kay MJ. He certainly shares that sentiment. But unlike Jace, he has no choice but to deny his feelings for Celine because confessing to her might just drive her away. Friendship is the only connection that they have and he doesn't want to lose it.

--

His morning started out like any other mornings. Siguro ay swerte na rin siya na panggabi si Celine. Kung pareho sila ng shift, baka hindi niya mapigilang dalawin ito sa office nito.

Nang dumating ang hapon, bandang alas tres, naisipan niyang dumalaw sa paborito niyang coffee shop. Ella was surprised to see him.

"Uy, long time, no see!"

He smiled. "Yeah. I missed having coffee here."

"Ano'ng order mo? The usual?" tanong nito.

"Yes. And a slice of blueberry cheesecake, please."

After paying and getting his orders, he headed to his usual table, pero may nakaupo na roon. Nakayuko ito sa binabasang libro. Ang order nito, na surprisingly ay kapareho ng sa kanya, ay hindi pa halos nagagalaw.

"Excuse me. Can I sit here?" he asked.

Tumunghay ito at kumunot ang noo. Then she looked around. Lalong lumalim ang pagkakunot ng noo nito nang makitang marami pa namang bakanteng tables.

"Why?" she asked. "I mean, not to be rude or anything, but there are plenty of other places to sit."

"Yes. But I'm used to sitting here. You're in my spot," he told her, hoping she'd get the reference. She didn't. So he ended up explaining that "You're in my spot" is one of Sheldon Cooper's famous lines in the TV series The Big Bang Theory. Then he apologized for bothering her and opted to just find another seat.

Pero pinigilan siya nito. She told him that it's okay, he could share the table.

"I'm Mary Jane, by the way. I'm sorry if I was a bit rude. Hindi kasi ako sanay na may ka-share sa table," she explained.

"Me too. But it's fun to have some company from time to time. I'm Kelvin. Nice to meet you."

"Pareho pa pala tayo ng in-order," puna nito, eyeing his cheesecake with amusement.

"Yeah. And I see that you also like reading," he said, pointing at her book, The Mango Bride.

Mary Jane closed the book and put it down. "I just took it out from the shelf because the title intrigued me. I want to know how the bride became a mango."

That made him frown.

"It was a joke."

"Oh." He faked a laugh.

--

The two talked for half an hour. Their topics revolve around books. It wasn't until Mary Jane got a call from her boss that the conversation was put to a halt.

"I hope to see you next time," he told her.

"Sana. May inasikaso lang kasi ako kaya ako nandito."