Chapter 16: Ice Americano

Hee Ra //

"Here's your change, thank you." I'm here at my part time job at the bakeshop, but I can't really concentrate with my work because the scene from Daehyun's party still keeps on playing on my mind though its already been two days since that day. Seeing the guy that you love making out with her girlfriend? Isn't that too much already? And another big thing that I keep on thinking about was Yongguk, that same night he asked me to go out with him for real.

---

"Go out with me, for real." Yongguk who's holding both my shoulder said. Did I just heard him right? H-He's asking me to go out with him, for real?!

"Y-Yah Bang Yongguk, what are you talking about? Are you serious with that?" What's with him saying crazy thing like that? Is he trying to make fun on me? Can't he see that tonight is not a good time to joke around? Why can't he be sensitive and considerate?!

"I'm serious Lee Hee Ra, I want you to be my girlfriend," He's wearing serious face but I still don't know if I should believe him or what?

"But Yongguk, you know that Daehyun is t-..."

"It doesn't matter, Hee Ra." He hushed me as he placed his both hands on the both side of my cheeks and rested his forehead into mine, "I already know that but just think of it, if you'll date me I can help you forget your feelings for that guy and you can already move on." He muttered as he's breathing heavily.

"But Yongguk, this will be unfair for you? Making you as a rebound? I-I really don't think it's a right thing to do." Even it's Bang Yongguk the Badman that I used to hate so much I still can't do it, I don't want to be unfair to him.

"For now, you might see me just a rebound but I'll do everything to win your heart, your mind, your lips, everything about you. I'll do everything for you to be mine, only mine." Our eyes were locked into each other and the next thing I know was he's already kissing me, passionately.

---

Until now, I can't still comprehend everything that happened that night. The truth is I still don't know if we're really dating because after that night something changed about him. Our relationship when we're in school is still the same, only connected as classmates. He never texted me or called me at lunch time, and after school he directly drop me either here or at home. Is this really how he date girls? I mean are we really dating perhaps?

All my thoughts vanished as I heard all the customers especially our girl customers murmuring, chattering, and some were giggling. What's with them so sudden? As I was still confused on what's happening to them a customer came to the counter that snapped me. It's a guy or maybe a girl?

"Hello!" Ok, he's a guy based on his deep voice but of course that can't still beat Yongguk's very deep voice, His voice is like came from ten feet below the ground while this guy is like just five feet?

"Welcome sir, what's your order?" I piped up as I wore my usual smile when at work. I actually can't blame those girls, this guy is really good looking and his smile can probably melt any girls' heart except me of course.

"Can I have ice americano and...there! One serving of coffee caramel cake." Ok, he's not obviously fond of coffee.

"For dine in, sir?" I asked as I listed down his orders, he nodded with his dazzling smile still not fading, "It's that all sir?" I smiled back at him as I waited if he still want to add up something else.

"That's all for now...Riri?" He beamed me his killer smile, oh yeah my name tag. Daehyun was the one who told manager about that nickname. I'm actually fine with it but since its him who gave me this nickname of course I can't help myself but to remember and think of him every time someone's calling me that way. Damn it Daehyun! Can you leave my mind alone even just for a minute?!

"Ok sir, it's six dollars," I stated and he handed me a ten box, "I received ten box, here's your change sir, four dollars. I'll just serve your order at your table." I told him then started preparing his Ice Americano. The murmurs and giggles of our girl customers were very audible and for sure he can also hear them all.

When I was already done with his coffee, I placed it to a tray with a slice of coffee caramel cake and ready to serve, "Thank you for waiting sir, here's your order, ice americano and coffee caramel." I served him his orders as I still wore my public smile, "Enjoy your treat sir."

"Yah Riri! Can you please stop calling me sir? I'm not comfortable when you're calling me that way, you know?" He protested as he pouted cutely that made me chuckled. Why is he acting like he's same age with Junhong? But I must say he's really cute.

"But sir, that's how we call our guy customers here?" I explained as I tried to contain my laughter. He's still pouting like small kid, he's really cute, "Besides, I don't know your name sir so, I call you that way." I reasoned out.

"Oh yeah, you're right my bad," he chuckled as he scratched the back of his head, "Anyway, hello Riri, I'm Kim Himchan but please simply call me Himchan, or if you want to call me oppa, that's way better." Ok, I'm already certain that this guy is a player, with just how he speaks? Another casanova.

"Nice to meet you Himcahn-sshi, but I'm still on duty so, if you'll excuse me I'll go back to my work now." I already ended our conversation because I already know where it will go, this usually happens to me here. And I'm already kinda used to deal with this kind of situation and guys.

"Oh wait a minute," he suddenly grabbed my arm as he stopped me, I looked at my arm then to him telling him to remove his hand off me, "Oh I'm sorry," he apologized then released his hold to me, "I know what you're thinking, and I'm sorry if I acted inappropriately. The truth is as I entered your shop you already got my eyes, besides from you're really beautiful, and your smile that's so adorable, I also saw you as a mysterious one that really attracts me to you. That's wh-..." I already cut his oh so sweet lines before I puke. I don't want to be mean but I really don't like cheesy guys, it's ugh.

"I'm sorry Himchan-sshi but I don't have time for this, I need to go back to my work, now." I stated as I emphasized the word now.

"So that means you're already dating someone?" He started off then let out a deep sigh, "I'm already late then? Anyway, I should expect that already since you're a very attractive girl." He stated then beamed me his famous smile. When he stated about that dating thingy I started thinking again if Yongguk and I are really dating? "What's with that face you're making? Am I wrong? You're not dating anyone yet? So, there's still chance for me?" He asked as he rested his head on his hand while staring at me and wore cocky smile.

"It's not, I-I actually don't know?" Wait Lee Hee Ra, why you telling him about this, huh?! "The truth is I don't know if I'm really dating that guy, because he's so unpredictable and most of the time I really don't get him at all." I sighed deeply. Ok, what was that all about, huh? Telling a stranger about the story of your life? Is Hyori possessing my body?

"Isn't amazing? You're suddenly blurting out your problems to a stranger like me? Looks like you can't handle it alone anymore?" He chuckled making me blushed in embarrassment, "But it's actually ok, if you want we can talk about your problem after your shift? To make up with my not so good behavior earlier, what do you think?"