9 || CAVE DRAWINGS

Start from the beginning

Malfoy swallowed and gazed at the onlookers. He turned back to the girl and straightened his back. "I can't believe you fell for that!" he exclaimed, making a dash for an exit.

Harry stepped forwards and blocked his way. "Turn her robes back."

"You think that because you conquered the Dark Lord, you're all that?"

The girl whipped her head up at that and frowned, like this was news to her. Her eyes trailed, to the barely visible scar on Harry's forehead. She quickly looked away and faced Malfoy again. "You heard him! Fix my robes, you swine!"

Malloy snarled but nevertheless pulled out his wand. He mumbled something under his breath and slowly, the girls robes began to grow.

"Thankyou," Harry said, giving Malfoy a curt nod.

He made an awkward noise before pushing past him and vanishing into the crowd of students.

"Nothing to see here!" the girl shouted at the onlookers. "Go back to your carriages, peasants!"

Murmuring, the students slowly broke off, disappearing into their respected compartments. Harry watched as they disappeared.

"You've got guts, kid," the girl said. "But I didn't need your help. I had it under control."

Fuelled with adrenaline, Harry spun around. "It sure looked like it," he spat.

The girl seethed, and Harry could almost imagine her foaming at the mouth, but she managed to recompose herself. "You're the punk who killed old Voldypants, right?" She let out an awkward laugh. "You sure don't look the part."

What was that supposed to mean?

The girl continued, obliviously. "That runt, Malfoy? You two seem like good friends."

This time it was Harry's turn to scowl. Something about this girl was infuriating him.

"I'm joking, geez." She eyed him with interest, before holding out her hand.

"I'm Clarisse."

"Harry," he said, shaking her hand. The skin was tough and weathered, covered in scratches and bruises, much like that of a miner. She had a firm grip, as if she could squeeze his hand into dust if she so wished. After a tense few seconds, she let go.

"Nice to meet you," Harry said politely, although to be frank, the girl scared him.

Clarisse snorted. "We'll see about that."

⋙⋘

"Oi, love birds, wake up!"

Percy mumbled something incoherent and buried his face into Annabeth's shoulder. "Five more minutes..."

Clarisse made a sound of disgust as she watched the drool trailing from the corner of his mouth, soaking Annabeth's robes.

"Get up," she scolded.

"Okay, love you too..."

Letting out a growl of frustration, she pulled a knife from her robes and with immense accuracy, sent it hurtling towards Percy. In a swift movement, he was sitting up straight with the blade of the dagger gripped in his fingertips. He gave her a look of mock horror. "Wow Clarisse, day one and you're trying to kill me already?"

"How about you take your sarcasm and shove it up-"

"Clarisse," Annabeth said, opening her eyes. "Stop picking fights."

She scowled. "I'm not the one picking fights here! Where were you when that creepy boy attacked me before, and shrunk my robes?"

Percy snickered. He highly doubted anyone had attacked Clarisse. It was probably the other way round. "Sure, whatever you say," he muttered.