The fall of Shiganshina

I was collecting firewood when Mikasa tapped my shoulder.

"Huh?"

"We should get going."

I stood up and nodded.

..........

Walking up the hill Eren stopped and stood on the side of the way.

*Bells ringing*

"Perfect timing! They're back! We can make it if we hurry. Come on I want a good view." He then grabbed mine and Mikasa's hand.

There we three stood on some boxes which were randomly standing there and watched the scoutregiment walk by. Alot of people didn't make it. They were more since the last time we saw them.

When they passed some men said somethings to the scouts and Eren flipped. He took out one of my sticks and hit him on his head. They shouted at us and Mikasa grabbed him by his shirt and dragged him into an alley and threw him onto a wall making all the wood fly to the ground.

"Ahhhh! Great firewood everywhere. Perfect."

"So are you still detemind to become one of them? One of the scouts?" Mikasa spoke.

".........."

"Just help me pick these up." Eren said picking some up. I went over and helped him.

After we picked everything up we went home.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Hey we're home." Eren said opening the door.

"Welcome back kids." Mother said tutning around. She was washing dishes and father read some newspaper. I went over to where we had our firewood and opened the chest. I put Mikasa's and mine in because she washed her hands. I held the chest open so Eren could put his in.

"Wow Eren. You sure collected alot today." Mother said to him.

"What ever." He said looking away.

She bent town to our level and pulled his ears.

"What was that for?" He asked annoyed.

"Your ear lobes red which means you have got something to hide. Mikasa and Ayanami help you didn't they?" She giggled.

We sat on the table and mother placed our food infront of us.

"Thank you." I said smiling up to her.

She smiled back and Eren asked,"Hey dad where are you off to? A patien?

"Yeah. I should be back in about a week."

"So, uh,"Mikasa started,"Eren is thinking about joining the scouts."

The room went silent and mother hurried to Eren.

"Get that redlicious thought out of your head young man! Did I make myself clear!"

"Stop yelling at me!"

"Don't you dare!"

"Eren you should know what is out there." Father slowly spoke making them stop and look at him.

"I know what is out there. I am not stupid but it has gotta be better than this life. I know it can be ugly out there but I can stay like this forever. Unless this nightmare is never gonna end!"

Silence.

"I see. Excuse me but I am gonna be late." Father said standing up and going to the door.

"Darling wait! Scold the boy for having this thoughts!"

"Scold? Dear please think this through. A few words won't hold back the boys curiousities. Eren." Eren then stood up," Behave while I'm gone and I will let you see what I am doing in the cellar." Then his face lit up."Yes sir! I got it."