Chapter 3

"Ladies and gentlemen! We proudly announce the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma of our new allied pack!" my Alpha, Alpha Derek, announced through a large microphone.

I simply couldn't take my eyes off of my new founded mate. He was the definition of perfectness with his shoulder-length black hair, deep brown eyes, and somewhat tall height. It was obvious that Beta Logan was taller than my mate by a few inches, which was a strange sight. Usually, the Alpha is always taller than the Beta, but for some reason, it worked well between them. The Gamma's name was unknown to me, but he was clearly shorter than the other two with auburn hair and hazel eyes. He was pretty cute in my opinion, but no where near as attractive as my mate.

"Thank you for having us here. We greatly appreciate the invitation to this wonderful ball. Many great things have come out of this event, and with this new alliance, we are sure to properly defeat the rogue issue that has plagued both of our packs for quite some time now," Beta Logan spoke into the microphone, a polite smile upon his face.

Alpha Eiji stood to the side of Beta Logan, and their Gamma stayed behind them both. He had a straight face, and I wasn't able to detect any emotion what-so-ever on his face.

"Eiji? Would you like to say something?" Alpha Derek asked my mate, who had begun to glare sharply towards him.

Logan butted in and smiled his polite smile once more. "My apologies, but the Alpha is a man of actions, not words. He has too much going on in his mind to speak."

My eyes widened at the shock of it all. Did Alpha Derek really not know that Eiji couldn't speak? I was never officially told that he had trouble speaking, but at the same time, it was extremely obvious. I glanced over at my sister who was stupidly fawning over Beta Logan. I rolled my eyes. The mating bond has possibly fried her brain to a crisp. I knew that Beta Logan was her mate. Why else would she acted so shocked to his touch?

"Of course," Alpha Derek replied as he turned towards the crowd, "Enjoy the ball everyone!"

I rolled my eyes and went back to reading my book on my phone, my sister returning her attention back to her music. Though she did glance towards Beta Logan's direction every now and then. It took a great deal of control to keep myself from glancing at Alpha Eiji. My wolf was begging for me to walk over to him and dance with him, but that would never happen. I can't dance in the first place, but my stupid wolf never listens to me. Suddenly, I heard a quick squeak and peeked up from my phone to look at my sister. She was blushing hopelessly as Beta Logan sat by her, playing with her hair. I shook my head at the two of them and went back to reading.

"Do you want to dance with me?" he asked her teasingly, causing her to giggle awkwardly.

Please spare my mind of this sappy romance...

"Erm...well, I don't really know how," she admitted quietly, but a chuckle brought her head back up.

I was across from them watching this scene with extreme boredom.

"I can teach you Princess. Come on!"

He yanked her up and dragged her away from our table. I held in my giggles toward them. I would never admit it out loud, but they were totally adorable together. I sighed towards myself and went back to reading my book, determined to finish the third chapter of it.

A few minutes later, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. From the instant sparks that I received from the contact, I knew immediately who it was. Glancing up, I spotted Alpha Eiji staring down at me, his eyes reminding me of dark chocolate.

"Oh, Alpha Eiji. Hello," I said, bowing slightly.

His eyes narrowed at my actions, causing me to tilt my head in curiosity.