49: 5/6 Days Remaining - 26th December

SONG FOR TODAY'S CHAPTER??

Roslyn, Bon Iver & St Vincent

______________________

"Where have you been all day?"

I sat on the stool beside Maryanne. "Around." Gabriel smiled at me before walking back outside. I was about to ask him where he was going when Mary scoffed and pushed me off the chair. I stood up and frowned at her.

"You need to shower. There is blood all over your back."

I rolled my eyes and walked through the living room to get upstairs. Music was blaring through Tristan's room but I ignored it and walked on to my room. I stood in the shower for over fifteen minutes. The water was becoming cold so I heated up my body and felt the cold water sear against my skin.

How would I go about doing this? Getting to them without someone wondering where I am won't be easy. How could I leave without being caught...?

Wait...

Am I making the right decision to go with them? 

I lifted my head and ran my hands through my hair. 

It's for the best...

It took me another five minutes before coming out of the shower. I had a look at my back in the mirror. The veins in my back were very prominent. They were leading out from the two deep scars in my back. I walked back into my room, locked the door and started changing into a comfortable pair of ripped blue jeans, a black tank top, one of Gabriel's old dark blue dress shirts unbuttoned and my black Chucks. I rolled up the sleeves and moved to my desk.

I put on the necklace and ring Gabriel got me and held it to my neck. If I left would I ever see Gabriel again? I scowled at myself. Of course I wouldn't. They wouldn't let me see him again...

I picked up my phone and saw a few text messages from Jayden. My heart beat increased as I dialled his number. What if he's been taken? 

"Jayden? Are you alright? Is everything okay?"

"Yes, Lex, everything is fine. Take a chill pill." He said.

I exhaled with relief. "Oh, good. Then why are you texting me so much?"

"I was just wondering how your Christmas was? You spent it with your family?"

I sat on the edge of the bed and explained how Christmas was great and how much I missed everyone. Jayden asked me to come over today, I had to decline. But I did tell him to contact me if anything weird happens to him.

"I promise. But what do you mean weird? What am I expecting to see?"

"Nothing. Just... Tell me if something weird happens?"

"Alright. Oh yeah I almost forgot. I've been asked to pass a message onto you."

I stood up and walked to unlock my door. "Oh yeah? From who?"

A new voice I wished wasn't anywhere near her spoke, "Your best friend, Reece."

My hand clenched onto the door handle and I heard it crunch from my strength. "What---"

"I'm with him to make sure you keep up the end of your bargain. Don't speak or you'll alert your followers. If by 4:00pm,"

I glanced at the clock on the wall... It was 3:00.

"If you are not in the location you receive by text after I've hung up, then... Well, he dies. Simple?"

My hands were shaking. Hard.

"Good. See you soon." The line went dead. 

My phone vibrated within seconds. I looked down and saw a picture of the location... It was a wood area. Snow covered. Didn't give much of a clue of where it was but there was a rock in the shape of rectangle sticking out front the side. There were boulders mounted on top of each other and one sitting on its own next to the rectangular one.

There was a text message saying that the place was located in between Raleigh and Fayetteville...

There was a knock on my door and I jumped back. "Alex?"

I took my hand off the handle and stepped back. Gabriel came in with a smile on his face. It made me want to cry at how enormously oblivious he was. 

"Come down for something to eat. You must be starving."

Far from.

The only thoughts in my head were how to save Jay. How to get him away from Reece. He must be under his influence. Or maybe his master's influence. He was too smart to go off with a creep like him. 

I followed Gabriel downstairs and into the kitchen. Liz was there humming and serving out a plate of lasagna. I took mine and sat there staring at it.

"Alexis?" Liz said. "You look awfully pale."

I nodded slowly. "Just in pain." I lied.

From the corner of my eye I could see Gabriel tense. He knew I wasn't in pain but I couldn't think of anything else.

"Well, eat something before you take the drink." She frowned slightly but walked out. 

I took a few bites but ended up pushing it away. A hand on my leg startled me. I jumped up quickly knocking over my stool in the process.