London

I am super sorry for typos and bad grammar. Feel free to point mistakes out. I hope you like it. Thank you for giving me a chance!

Chapter Four: London

I rolled over and sighed staring at the alarm clock. It blinked mockingly at me, the neon 3 standing out in the dark. I hated jet-lag. I found myself getting up from the warm covers, the chilly air raising goose bumps on my skin. I quickly wrapped a thick jacket around me and set out to find the kitchen.

Re-routing myself to the dining room, I tried to remember where the servers had been coming from last night. There were a few doors here and I ended up trying them to see where they would lead me. The first was a room full of cutlery. Really. All sorts of china and glasses sparkled in the dim moonlight of the window. Wrong door. The second was a small closet holding place-mats and cover cloths. Nope, not here. The third, finally led me to the kitchen. It was semi-dark, the ceiling partially made of glass. I searched around for a light switch and had to flip a few before I got the right one.

The kitchen came into view, the gleam of silver shining and the marble tops perfectly clear. The vast amount of cupboards and drawers made me smile. My kind of place. I lightly toed through the room searching for what I needed.

Coffee, sugar, milk, chocolate, a pot and a cup. I set to make my coffee and waited as it boiled. Taking the warm drink in my hands after leaving the kitchen as spotless as it was, I couldn't help but wander. I saw the double doors leading to the garden and didn't hesitate to go out.

The aroma of wet earth greeted me and the dirt path was damp. That was when I realised I had forgotten my shoes in the room. I searched through the groves, settling on a bench under an oak overlooking the small lake they had behind. Humming an odd tune I leaned back happily and waited for the sun to rise.

*

"Ma'am?"

I groaned being shaken awake by someone. I sat up immediately, remembering where I was.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. What time is it?"

"It is 6:42 Ma'am. Mistress Cullen saw you and thought it would be best to wake you before you get a cold."

"I fell asleep didn't I?" I sighed.

He simply smiled, grabbing my cup from the ground and starting toward the house.
I got up stretching and winced at the pain in my back, following him back. Esme stood on the porch, wrapped up in a big sweater. She had a scornful look on her face, like a mother about to scold a child for trekking mud all over the house.

"I can't believe you slept in the garden! You could have caught a flu or a virus, or god forbid pneumonia! Then what would we do with you?" she said, her eyebrows furrowed and her English accent ringing through my ears.

"Sorry." I muttered shyly, "I didn't mean to. I didn't realise I fell asleep. I couldn't sleep at night so I had some coffee and then I guess I just, passed out?"

She sighed. "Alright then, let's get a fire for you and get you warm. Geoffrey will make a cup of warm cocoa for you."

She led me in to the living room and settles me on a couch with a blanket. The room seemed more for personal use and had a small fire going to warm it. It was then that I realised how cold I was. My fingertips were numb and the small fire burning was little help to my shivering body. Esme left to get ready for the day while I curled up on the couch under the huge blanket, the cup of cocoa long ago devoured and the warmth slowly spreading through me. I stifled another yawn while I stared into the fire drowsily.

It's a promise.

His voice rang in my head. Last night had been nice.

"A friendship"