In Which Kellin is Questioned

Amazingly for Jack and I, notice my sarcasm, Kellin acted like this for a while. I thought it would get tiring for him, but Kellin seemed to have this attitude thing down pat. Which didn't surprise me too much, but it was a little disappointing.

Today we finished early though because unlike other days, Kellin kept his mouth shut. I wasn't complaining. It was most likely because it was the last lesson for the week and I'm sure he had his own plans for later. He was actually working, and fast too, probably the most ready out of the three of us to be done.

I finished and gave Jack my papers to check over. He told me there were no mistakes and I nodded, sighing in relief. I was not up for correcting all that today, seeing as it was over ten worksheets. Kellin finished a couple minutes later and glared at me, the competition between us again. "You probably cheated." He shrugged.

"Shut up." I said in a monotone voice, making it blatantly obvious that I wasn't in the mood for his shit today. I wanted him to leave as bad as he did. He flicked his hair, half because it had actually fallen in his face, half to add to the sass he was giving me.

When he did this, it revealed a purple spot just above his cheekbone. It almost looked like a bruise but I couldn't be so sure, maybe it was the lighting. Rustling of papers caught my attention and I look away. "All done," Jack said. "Both of you did fine. Where is your dad?"

"Office." I say, letting my arms rest on the table, sighing again. My shoulders were hurting from leaning over my papers for the last three hours, aching in my black tee shirt. Jack nods and stands, gripping the handle of his briefcase, then going to my dad's office, I assume.

I cross my arms and glance at Kellin again. He's already looking at me. "What?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. "Nothing." He snapped and crossed his arms. I glare at him for a while longer, trying to seem angry, but I actually wasn't. It was maybe even amusing when he tried to snap at me. He wasn't very physically intimidating. I scoff, hiding my chuckle.

"What's funny?"

"You." I shrug.

"Shut up. I am not." He mumbles. I sighed and rolled my eyes, sitting up straighter and lean closer, eyeing him. "You couldn't scare me if you tried to, Bostwick." My voice is low but I know he can hear me because I see his jaw clench in response to me using his last name. "Quinn." He corrects me like I knew he would.

I tilt my head and hum, "Not according to--"

"Well according to me it is. I don't call you something you don't like." He said, seeming like he was ready to actually fight me. His face was red and his scowl couldn't get any deeper. Was he that pissed about it? I mean, it's a fucking name.

I decide to leave him alone about that, sitting back again and sighing for the billionth time today. He huffs and flicks his hair again, turning his head away from me, still visibly angry. The sun his his cheek and the purple mark was more visible. So it wasn't the lighting, I think to myself.

"What happened there?" I ask and my voice makes him look at me. I tap my cheek about where his mark is and he shakes his head. "None of your business," he raises an eyebrow. "Awe, did someone finally get sick of your little attitude?" I tease, grinning. I didn't really mean it to an extent, I wasn't happy he was hurt, but I also wasn't his mother.

He glared at me for a few seconds, teeth clenched behind that frown, eyebrows furrowed. But his eyes still weren't angry, like he actually wasn't mad. There wasn't really any emotion there, not that I could see that it. I didn't question him further, Jack had walked back in, looking satisfied. "You guys did good, I got paid, and Lex is waiting for me at home. Damn, today is good, boys," he sighed with a smile. "Ready, Kellin?"

Kellin didn't answer just grabbed his zip-up from the chair next to him and threw it in, then left, slamming the door a little behind him. "What happened now?" Jack sighed, less happy and more annoyed now. I shrugged and leaned back in my chair. "I wouldn't worry too much. You know how he is." I said.

"Okay. See you next week, Vic." He waved a little and smiled. I nod and smile back, but rolled my eyes and let my head fall back against the chair when the door shut. What the fuck was going on with him?

_______

sorry for any mistakes, I didn't get a chance to really proofread. Thanks for being patient as always, dudes🎀